Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR)
Website Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR)
The Counselor/Outreach Advocate will have a strong understanding of sexual assault and the many issues faced by survivors, as well as experience working with survivors of sexual harassment, abuse, and assault. The Counselor/Outreach Advocate will provide in-person and tele-counseling direct services to victims and their significant others, and conduct community outreach activities throughout Adams County. This is a time limited position with the possibility for long-term employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties in addition to the ones listed below may be assigned.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Provide client-centered and trauma-informed crisis counseling, individual and group counseling, legal and medical advocacy/accompaniment, individual advocacy, and referrals to other community services. All services will be provided both in-person and through tele-counseling.
- Provide after-hours hotline coverage and in-person advocacy/accompaniment to hospitals and police departments as necessary.
- Maintain/update client files and complete statistical reports as required. Enter data into the ETO System.
- Participate in case management and supervision meetings as required.
- Work with the Community Organizer to present and/or coordinate community outreach activities such as prevention programs, community awareness events, media interviews, etc. to raise
awareness regarding sexual harassment, abuse, and assault and the availability of services to victims, survivors, significant others, and the Adams County community.
Bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling or related field from an accredited college or university and/or a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience working with survivors of sexual harassment, abuse, and assault. Experience with conducting outreach activities in community settings.
To apply for this job please visit pcar.org.