We envision a Pennsylvania where nothing is wasted
Title: Environmental Program Specialist
(30% Field and 70% Office PRC is a hybrid at-home/office work environment)
Status: Full-Time Exempt
Supervisor: Deputy Director
Salary Range: $32,000 – 35,000
How to Apply: Submit resume and thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com
Job Summary: Develop, coordinate, implement and assist in facilitating a set of specific waste minimization programs related to recycling, reuse, litter prevention and composting in the public, business and municipal government sectors. Perform day to day tasks including but not limited to the research, study, design and implementation of these projects. A successful candidate will demonstrate a clear commitment to resource conservation. The position will require the candidate to work independently and creatively to execute assigned projects and programs. Role will be a balance of project coordination, on the ground program operations, educational program design, and public facing outreach and inquiry management.
- Master Recycler Program – Research and development of a statewide waste reduction, recycling educational program for resident of the Commonwealth.
- Glass/Collection Event Program Support – Support PRC staff in the facilitation of Glass recycling program as well as other collection event programs
- Public Education/Outreach Support
- Implementation of PA DEP Hotline
- PRC event registration management
- Managing PRC’s general email and call line
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Director and other PRC Staff to develop and implement new and existing programs/projects.
- Perform day-to-day tasks including communicating programs to the public and other audiences, developing strategies and tactics to ensure successful execution of programs.
- Work with local businesses, organizations and municipal government employees.
- Assist with external communications and outreach activities including press releases, promotional materials, annual reports, newsletters and web sites.
- Manage assigned projects
- Supervise projects and volunteers as needed.
- Prepare and complete progress/update reports.
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to weekend collection event support.
- Prior waste management, recycling, composting and reuse experience a plus.
- Must have valid PA driver’s license, insurance and reliable transportation.
- Ability to work with all age ranges.
- Office and organization skills: Proficient in a variety of software programs including Office 365, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook.
Experience successfully balancing multiple tasks simultaneously with attention to detail under minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and ability to plan, organize and prioritize workload.
- Must be physically capable of lifting 40lbs, setting up event displays and working both in and out-of-doors.
- Must be available/willing to work nights and weekends as necessary.
- CPR and First Aid certification beneficial.
- Must be willing to submit to criminal background check
- Must exhibit commitment to PRC’s mission of resource conservation through sustainable waste management.
The Pennsylvania Resources Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PRC does not discriminate against any individuals on the basis of sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender, race, color, religion, national origin, creed, citizenship status, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, medical condition, mental or physical disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Americans with Disability ACT (ADA)
Title I and Title V of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), as amended, protect qualified applicants and employees with disabilities from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, job training, fringe benefits, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment on the basis of disability. The law also requires that covered entities provide qualified applicants and employees with disabilities with reasonable accommodations, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the employer.
PRC is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org