Pennsylvania Women Work
Website Pennsylvania Women Work
Pennsylvania Women Work is seeking an experienced nonprofit leader to serve as their next Chief Executive Officer. The CEO will execute strategies to shape Pennsylvania Women Work as a statewide agency, developing and delivering programs to transform women’s lives through empowerment, employment and economic independence. The ideal candidate will be a compassionate leader who is able to configure Pennsylvania Women Work’s philanthropic strategy and maintain fiscal stability through a turbulent time, bringing a track record and deep commitment to establishing and stewarding long-term partnerships and donors; ensuring agency efficacy and stability. This role has responsibility for managing an overall budget of $1.5M+, reporting directly to the Board of Directors, and managing a staff of 12. While this role may require virtual work, this position is located in the Pittsburgh area and will require travel across the state of Pennsylvania.
Whether it’s a single mom struggling to provide for her family; a woman re-entering the workforce after 20 years; an immigrant adjusting to a new life; or someone faced with a challenging career transition; Pennsylvania Women Work is here to help lead individuals toward financial independence.
By empowering women – and men – with job search and interview skills, opportunities to build their confidence, and help setting and achieving both professional and personal goals, we help individuals find lasting employment that pays a family-sustaining wage through unique and life-changing programs.
The mission of Pennsylvania Women Work is to transform women’s lives through empowerment, employment and economic independence.
Our Vision is a future in which all women are empowered to join the workforce, earn equitable compensation and attain economic security.
For more information: https://www.pawomenwork.org/
AGENCY MANAGEMENT & OVERSIGHT
- Responsible for daily operation of the agency, the supervision of personnel, the implementation and accountability of contracts and policies, program development, and, in conjunction with the Board, the acquisition of operating funds.
- Participates in the development of sound annual program plans in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- Recruits, interviews, and presents names for new Board members in consultation with the Nominating Committee of the Board.
- Facilitates, through the Board of Directors, the agency’s strategic planning and public policy positions and articulates those positions.
- Presents reports on agency activities at the meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Assists and/ or facilitates periodic training for Board members.
- Prepares an annual self-assessment of past accomplishments and presents to the Board of Directors for evaluation.
- Builds and maintains a network of supporters in the business community for Pennsylvania Women Work programs.
- Develops and implements activities that will enhance the image of the agency in the community.
- Ensures that all appropriate funders and supporters are aware of program needs.
- Leads advocacy efforts for funding with state and federal officials.
- Understands the ongoing and changing issues and needs of single parents, displaced homemakers and other women job seekers, and develops appropriate responses and/or programs.
- Serves as the organization’s expert and go-to person on key government policies and funding streams.
- Oversees government relations activities, including elected official relationships, testimony preparation for legislative hearings, and management of government relations consultants.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT & FUNDRAISING
- Assures the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Oversees fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation.
- Educates community and government stakeholders regarding needs of Pennsylvania Women Work clients.
- Oversees the development and planning of the organization’s strategic initiatives and ensures successful execution.
- Leads and encourages the development of strategic partnerships to further the organization’s mission and initiatives.
- Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services.
- Oversees the hiring and supervision of staff to ensure quality performance.
- Effectively manages the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations.
- Oversee the financial status of the organization including developing long and short-range financial plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls are in place and setting financial priorities accurately.
- Submits or oversees submission of invoices for services rendered.
- Assures that financial statements and reports are accurate and kept up to date.
- Supervises or conducts fundraising efforts in support of agency programs.
- Coordinates and oversees the annual audit of the financial statements.
- Assures that adequate controls are in place to safeguard assets and accurate reporting.
- Oversees awarded funds and retrospective reporting of outcomes.
- Oversight of financial assets ensuring proper use.
Experience / Education:
- The position requires a four-year bachelor’s degree, with a preference for graduate degree in a relevant content area or other continuing education or certification relevant to the role.
- 7-10 years of previous non-profit experience or other relevant corporate experience required, including at least 3 years in a Director level position.
- Demonstrated track record of leading and scaling a non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated passion for our mission, transforming women’s lives through empowerment, employment and economic independence.
- Experience developing and managing budgets of $1.5M+.
- Experience with government programs and funding.
- Experience growing an organization through strategic initiatives, effective management and fund development.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Demonstrated organizational management experience, including coaching, managing, developing teams, setting and achieving strategic objectives and managing a budget.
- Experience serving as the primary spokesperson and representative for the agency; ability to advocate at the local and state level.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and demonstrated innovative approach to business planning and development.
- Proven ability to nurture and sustain relationships with key community partners; working effectively in collaboration with the public, diverse groups of people and stakeholders.
- Familiarity and experience with a justice involved population, as well as trauma-informed services.
- Clinical background and expertise to support programming related to a variety of populations, including but not limited to those in the justice system, in high-trauma situations, with mental health challenges, with addiction or in recovery and other situational challenges.
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
- Bonus eligible based on annual criteria
FOR U.S. APPLICANTS: Pennsylvania Women Work is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org