Pennsylvania Women Work, a Pittsburgh nonprofit workforce development organization, is looking for a full-time Communications and Development Specialist (4 days a week/32 hours) to support the Development and Communications teams. The ideal candidate will be energetic, organized, detail-oriented, creative and adaptive. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and independent individual to build fundraising, special events and communications experience and gain considerable knowledge of nonprofit work.
The communications and development specialist will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the communications and development departments. This individual will play a role in all fundraising activities and special events, and they will also assist in marketing for the organization’s programs. This position is a key role for the development and communications team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Communications Manager and department to establish strategy for marketing events and programs.
- Possess outstanding writing abilities to support communications team.
- Manage all aspects of social media channels, including creating content calendar for approval, designing images, scheduling content, monitoring comments/engagement, making suggestions for advertisements and more.
- Design and create emails in Constant Contact. Maintain contact lists and email calendar, scheduling email communication with lists.
- Update the organization’s website with day-to-day changes.
- Write client stories, newsletter articles, blogs, website content, thank you letters, and other long-form writing assignments as needed.
- Create basic flyers and promotional materials as needed using both Canva and Adobe Suite.
- Assist in helping management in the development of fundraising goals and work to achieve and surpass these goals.
- Work directly with management and development team to manage project workflow and oversee day to day milestones for projects.
- Conduct research on individuals and corporations for giving and sponsorship opportunities.
- Work with Office Manager and Development Director to administer donor database system, which includes data entry of donations, donor engagement tracking and gift reporting. Track and administer acknowledgments for donations.
- Assist in the coordination of mailing sponsorship and donation letters, direct mail and email solicitations.
- Write and send acknowledgements, thank you letters and other correspondence.
- Create reports and tracking systems for development activities.
- Work closely with finance manager to ensure donations are categorized correctly.
- Ability to work well with a team to promote company initiatives.
- Assist in all aspects of event planning and fundraising campaigns, including management of the annual Silent Auction and raffles throughout the year.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
- 2-4 years of experience working in fundraising or events, development or communications
- Ability to prioritize and manage milestones and multiple projects efficiently
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency with Google Drive and Microsoft Office, especially with Excel and Word.
- Experience with database (donor-database use preferred)
- Experience with social media and design software preferred
- Must be extremely organized and have the ability to manage multiple timelines and calendars at once
- Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential
- Experience planning large-scale events and fundraisers preferred
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please explain relevant experience that would make you an excellent candidate for this critical role.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org