PA Women Work, a workforce development organization, headquartered in Pittsburgh, is hiring a full-time Development Director. In this role, the Development Director will be responsible for the overall strategy, planning, organizing and directing of PA Women Work’s fundraising efforts, including special events, individual giving, annual fund and corporate partnerships. Reporting to the Executive Director, this professional must have an established background in developing and managing nonprofit donation strategies, staff/volunteer leadership and event planning.
Our ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8-10 years of development experience with five years minimum of professional fundraising, preferably in the nonprofit field. They should also be familiar with donor databases and other fundraising technology to use in their daily job duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the strategy and plans for the organization’s fundraising initiatives.
- Direct all aspects of fundraising events and activities, planning to execution.
- Provide strategic direction by developing goals and objectives, defining performance metrics, conducting evaluative tracking, monitoring progress, and reporting on results
- Develop a fundraising budget and track results to ensure success
- Secure financial support from individuals and corporation
- Develop and direct individual and annual fund campaigns
- Help promote and create a positive reputation and image in the community
- Research and identify potential donors and sponsors and implement strategies to foster positive relationships
- Conduct and assist with pitch and proposal meetings with prospective donors and funders
- Work closely with communications to ensure positive messaging to raise visibility of the organization
- Identify, research and analyze new opportunities for corporate funding. Help execute corporate sponsorship plan to ensure fundraising goals are met.
- Establish and maintain relationships with individual and business donors or sponsors
- Work with internal grant writer to partner on funding opportunities
- Develop and grow a major gifts program, including the identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Ensure all donations are documented and that acknowledgments are personalized and timely sent.
- A bachelor’s degree with 8-10 years of development experience with a minimum of five years experience in professional fundraising
- Proven experience of raising funds from a variety of sources
- Knowledge and experience with fundraising techniques
- Skill and passion for motivating board, staff and others to volunteer and donate
- Strong relationship building skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of donor management systems; Salsa knowledge a plus
- Strong project manager, organization and attention to detail
- Passionate for the mission and understanding the needs in the community
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter with a drive to meet goals and objectives
- Enthusiastic collaborator with creative ideas to address challenges and goals
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com