Pennsylvania Women Work
Website Pennsylvania Women Work
Empowering women with infinite possibilities.
Pennsylvania Women Work (PA Women Work) is a statewide 501(c)3 nonprofit workforce development organization headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA. Pennsylvania Women Work is dedicated to transforming the lives of Pennsylvanians through empowerment, employment and economic independence. Whether it’s a single mom struggling to provide for her family; a woman re-entering the workforce after 20 years; an immigrant adjusting to a new life; or someone faced with a challenging career transition, PA Women Work empowers job seekers with job search and interview skills, opportunities to build their confidence, and help setting and achieving both professional and personal goals. PA Women Work helps individuals find lasting employment that pays a family-sustaining wage through unique and life-changing programs.
Over the past year, Pennsylvania Women Work has initiated steps to create an organization that is focused on data-informed decision making and results-based accountability. To that end, we are committed to bringing on a full-time Manager of Evaluation, Compliance and Continuous Improvement (MECCI) to play a key role in these efforts.
Our ideal candidate is analytical with a results-based mindset, and is able to work on both a micro- and macro- level to develop and implement evaluation plans and tools for workforce development and women-centered empowerment programs. This position will play a critical role in implementing the organization’s Strategic Plan and works closely with the Director of Programs to design and implement evaluations that improve program fidelity and impact. The MECCI will manage a range of related activities including research, data analysis, and program reporting.
- Collaborate with leadership to create and implement evaluation plans for all programs
- Work with Director of Programs to craft annual outcomes and standards for programs that help meet our mission and theory of change, and which support new initiatives and our strategic plan
- Develop processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of data collection and other evaluation activities
- Create, revise, and manage administration of data collection instruments
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Manage day-to-day data collection, entry and analysis for reports and continuous improvement purposes
- Work with staff to understand data needs and provide analysis and dashboards to support data-based decisions
- Create internal documents and support creation of external documents that summarize evaluation and learning results
- Facilitate data discussions that support meaning-making and data-based decisions
- Lead codification and documentation of program evaluation processes
- Ensure compliance with funders and state contracts
Strategic Planning and Innovation
- Work with leadership to develop a Theory of Change and Logic Model for each program and the organization as a whole, and manage ongoing refinements to Logic Model and Theory of Change
- Coordinate the implementation of the organization’s Strategic Plan
- Participate in search and analysis of available platforms and needs for Client Data Management and Performance Management as we look to upgrade our technology
- Research promising practices in workforce development, state of women in PA and how to incorporate into Pennsylvania Women Work programs
- Supervise Data Support Intern
- Results/Outcome-based – Will help drive efforts toward outcome-focused programming, and prepare internal reports & presentations so that we can use evaluation information to improve programming.
- Analytical yet able to see the big picture – Will often work on day-to-day data entry and analysis, and need to be able to create evaluation tools, yet keep longer-term outcomes in mind while doing so.
- Enjoys systems and working behind the scenes to create success.
- Collaborative – easily connect with staff to work on shared projects
- Continuous learning mindset – not afraid to experiment to find better ways to do the work.
- Commitment to women’s equity and empowerment, and the mission of PA Women Work
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in nonprofit management, business or social sciences
- 2+ years with a nonprofit, public agency, or similar, in data analysis, database management, data entry and reporting
- Versed in nonprofit evaluation models such as logic models theory of change concept
- Adept at developing a shared understanding of what we are doing, why we are doing it, and who it will benefit
- Planning, managing and executing projects and the ability to work on multiple projects independently and collaboratively to achieve objectives;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate findings from data analyses and evaluations to non-technical audiences
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; ability to interface with various and diverse set of stakeholders, groups and individuals
- Highly organized with excellent time management
- Ability to excel in a collaborative and dynamic environment with a growing organization
- Familiarity with a variety of data platforms and application for data management
- Ability to facilitate and train staff and board of directors on topics related to evaluation and results-based accountability
- Familiarity with workforce development issues and trends related to women in particular
Salary Range: mid-$40,000s depending on experience
Generous benefits package that includes hybrid and flexible work environment.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Pennsylvania Women Work, an EEO employer, values a diverse, respectful, collaborative, and passion- driven work environment. PA Women Work seeks to recruit candidates for employment that represent our diverse community in race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, and ability. We are dedicated to uplifting diverse opinions and backgrounds in order to grow and evolve as a welcoming workplace for all. We believe that combining these values with hard work, high quality standards, and mission-driven leadership will help us achieve economic self-sufficiency, workplace equality, and a voice in policy for those we serve.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com