Website Persad Center
Persad Center has served the LGBTQIA community since 1972.
Persad Center is in search of a new Executive Director to lead the organization in solidifying its operations and strengthening its collaborations and partnerships.
Persad Center is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) human service organization whose mission is to improve the well-being of the LGBTQIA communities and the HIV/AIDS communities.
Since 1972, Persad Center has cared for and celebrated members of the LGBT community in Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas of Western Pennsylvania. We fulfill our mission through outreach, prevention, counseling, training and the provision of advocacy services.
The vision of Persad Center is to provide high quality services and a seamless system of care to every person who comes through our door. We strive to strengthen our operations and community of service by building collaborative partnerships with those in the human services arena.
- Persad Center’s Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the oversight of all Persad Center operations, providing both leadership and vision for the Agency as a whole.
- The ED is responsible for all fiscal operations, the oversight of program contract obligations and the direct supervision of Agency managerial staff.
- The ED oversees all program policies and procedures.
- The ED has a primary role in development and fund raising.
- The ED assures the Agency is appropriately represented at community planning events and works with community stakeholders to further the mission of Persad Center and the wellbeing of the community. This includes participation in events that represent the diverse spectrum and intersectionality of our community.
- The ED oversees hiring, development and evaluation of staff consistent with Persad Center’s policies.
- The ED is supervised by and responsible to the Persad Center Board of Directors.
- The ED exemplifies positive leadership, demonstrates the deepest respect for the diverse community we serve and is an exemplary role model in the community.
- This position is classified as full-time, exempt.
Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Medicine, Chemical Dependency, Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Nursing (with a specialty in Nursing/Health Administration, Nursing/Counseling Education or Clinical Specialty in Human Services), Public Administration, Business Management or other field related to the Persad Center mission.
Preferred experience includes 5-10 years of progressive leadership with a minimum of three (3) years with a human service agency in a significant leadership role, 2 years of service as a non-profit Executive Director or COO, and experience with an agency providing mental health and/or addiction services.
The preferred candidate will have a combination of experience including organizational development, human resource management, budget and resource development and strategic planning. We are looking for a strategic, innovative and collaborative leader with advanced planning, problem solving, relationship building, communication and time management skills. The candidate needs to be accustomed to and comfortable addressing large groups with the ability to engage partners, community participants and leaders. The candidate inspires passion about the mission of Persad Center and the communities served. Success in identifying, applying for and obtaining grants to support human service objectives is necessary. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment are needed including, excel and payroll systems. Underlying everything that the Executive Director does is a complete embrace and support of Persad’s mission, representing the larger diverse community in all settings.
Additional, position requirements:
- FBI, PA State Police and Child Abuse Clearances
- Physical and TB test
- Complete online Child Abuse Mandated Reporter Training
- Financial background clearance
- Drug screen
The position comes with a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package. Interested candidates, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume.
Responses will be accepted until Feb. 1, 2019
Persad is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org