PICT Classic Theatre seeks to welcome an Associate Producer to its staff for the 25th Anniversary Season.
This is a full-time, one-year position, funded in part by the generosity of the Arts | Equity | Reimagined Fund and created with Equity and diversity in mind. Ideal contract will last July 1, 2021-June 30, 2022. With appropriate future funding, it is intended to make this position a permanent addition to PICT staff.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
Candidates will be forward-thinking, self-motivated individuals with a passion for both classic theatre and for amplifying the work of women and people of color in the classic canon. The Associate Producer will be a key member of the artistic team and focus on the development of both our mainstage and staged reading series, as well as consult on the current educational offerings. This position will help shape the trajectory of PICT as an organization and the work we produce. We are specifically seeking applicants with a background in production/performance, direction, dramaturgy, and/or theater administration, though academic qualification in these subjects is not a requirement. We are rather seeking candidates with strong artistic vision and motivation.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- To consult and advise on the expansion and production of PICT’s canon of work in the 25th Anniversary Season.
- To produce and supervise the third production in PICT’s mainstage season, performing at the Fred Rogers Studio at WQED in April/May 2022. The show selected will align with the mission of the new Expand the Canon Series. The Associate Producer is welcome to direct this production or seek a guest director for the project.
- To curate, cast and produce the 6 staged readings in the Expand the Canon Reading series, presented throughout the 25th Anniversary Season.
- To advise and collaborate with the management team on all associated educational offerings throughout the 25th Anniversary season.
- To participate in weekly staff meetings and engage in ongoing, company-wide Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Accessibility training related to the organization’s antiracism commitments.
Salary and Benefit Information:
This position includes a $35,000/year salary plus health benefits (including vision and dental) and paid time off. The Associate Producer position will report directly to Artistic and Executive Director.
Due to the pandemic, PICT staff is currently working remotely from home. When we resume office hours, PICT will staff will operate on a hybrid schedule of 1-2 days in office/2-4 days flex schedule.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Catherine Kolos, General Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions may also be directed to this email.
We are a dedicated and passionate staff of five looking to welcome a new voice to our team, to commence a long-term staff expansion. PICT is an internationally recognized theatre company celebrated for its minimalist approach to classic and Irish text. Though we are globally minded, we are dedicated to featuring the artistry of Pittsburgh both on and off our stage, and training the next generation of artists, technicians, and designers. The COVID-19 pandemic dimmed our stages in 2020; we are looking forward to returning safely to live theatre in Fall 2021 for our 25th Anniversary Season. Learn more at picttheatre.org.
About the Expand the Canon Series
Over the course of the 2021-2022 Season, PICT will present six staged readings of scripts written by and amplifying the stories of Women and People of Color. These productions fit into PICT’s definition of a classic – stories of their time and for all time – but will help our community explore how classic theatre and classic stories are universal; not centered on one gendered or narrow perspective, but rather flourishing in every country and culture. The intent of this program will also be to identify one or more of the readings to bring to our mainstage in full production in our 26th Season. This program will expand PICT’s ability to hire, by creating 45 new casting and creative jobs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com