Pittsburgh Action Against Rape
Website Pittsburgh Action Against Rape
About the position: Advocate positions are designed to provide support and accompaniment to victims, families, and significant others in various settings including in police and legal proceedings, medical care and within college and university processes. Advocates provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information, support, and short-term counseling services. Advocates maintain client documentation required by the agency including client data specific to the criminal and or juvenile court systems. This position is also required to provide outreach and build professional relationships in the community including facilitating training to various systems that interact with victims.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $38,500 – $41,000
Required education: Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work
Required experience: Experience in victim services and/or knowledge of sexual assault issues preferred. Knowledge of legal, medical, law enforcement, and social welfare systems is a plus.
Skills and Requirements
- Ability to evaluate and assess the needs of clients and families in crisis
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) including the ability to advocate with medical, legal, and human service systems
- Ability to identify and engage with appropriate professionals, including departments with PAAR and external systems or agencies
- Respect and sensitivity to the needs/expectations of clients and professionals with varied ethnic, socioeconomic and philosophical perspectives
- Flexible, non-judgmental approach with the ability to remain calm in crisis
- Must be able to work flexible schedule – some evenings and weekends required
- PA Acts 33/34 and FBI certifiable
- Must have a vehicle
- Completion of state mandated forty (40) hour victim service training.
- Fluent in speaking Spanish and/or sign language is a plus
PAAR seeks to recruit candidates for employment that represent our diverse community in race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, and ability. Inclusive and equitable in our recruitment and retention practices, we are dedicated to uplifting diverse opinions and backgrounds in order to grow and evolve as a welcoming workplace for all. Pittsburgh Action Against Rape is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply e-mail your cover letter and resume to Lisa Kadlecik at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org