Pittsburgh Action Against Rape
Website Pittsburgh Action Against Rape
Therapists positions are designed to provide assessment, short- term or group counseling services and/or referrals to adult and/or child victims of sexual assault, sex trafficking, and their family or caregivers, as well as maintaining required agency/client documentation and reports.
This position is required to fulfill all of the above-mentioned responsibilities at PAAR or at PAAR designated locations. This position may be required to maintain a professional working relationship with the staff of all satellite facilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
Required education: Master’s degree in social work, counseling, psychology, or related field from an accredited university
Required experience: Minimum four years’ experience providing assessment, individual and group counseling. Experience working with victims of trauma and sexual assault preferred
Required license or certification: Professional license or license obtained within 12 months of employment
- PA Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or PA Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or) or PA Licensed Marriage Family Therapist (LMFT).
- Comparable PA state approved ‘out of state license’ must be transferred to PA license within 12 months of hire at PAAR.
- Completion of training in evidenced based, trauma specific psychotherapeutic modalities
- Grounded in clinical practice as demonstrated by capacity to articulate theoretical and ethical orientation, practice guidelines, breadth and depth of past work with clients, familiarity and comfort with different treatment modalities
- Completion of state mandated (40) hour victim service training
- Awareness of issues embedded in therapeutic work which involves client/counselor relationship
- Knowledgeable about sexual assault issues; including effects, impacts, and possible interventions
- Knowledgeable about Telehealth and comfortable performing counseling virtually an over the telephone
- Provide assessment and individual/group counseling and case management for adult and/or child sexual assault victims, sex trafficking victims, their families and significant others (crisis, short term, group, or alternative modalities)
- Deliver trauma specific psychotherapy in the form of Trauma Focused – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) with children and Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy with adults as needed. Additionally, employ other psychotherapeutic modalities models as determined by assessments and client needs including – art therapy, play therapy and family systems therapy
- Work closely with Case Manager and Advocate on needs of sex trafficking victims
- Implement assessments and outcome evaluations
- Case Management
- Liaise with community providers and systems who are required support services for victims
Full Time employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurances (UPMC Health Plan)
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- 10 to 25 Vacation days / year
- 5 Personal days / year
- 10 Paid Sick days / Year
- 15 Paid Holidays
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Optional 403(b) with Employer match
PAAR seeks to recruit candidates for employment that represent our diverse community in race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, and ability. Inclusive and equitable in our recruitment and retention practices, we are dedicated to uplifting diverse opinions and backgrounds in order to grow and evolve as a welcoming workplace for all. Pittsburgh Action Against Rape is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com