Pittsburgh Action Against Rape
Website Pittsburgh Action Against Rape
Pittsburgh Action Against Rape is seeking a current college student who is interested in service as a paid Clinical Mental Health Intern to support the Clinical Department. The intern actively participates in day-to-day mental health service, mental health case-management, intake process, and crisis intervention. This position has the responsibility of providing brief supportive counseling to PAAR clients. This person should be passionate, organized, empathic, and knowledgeable in trauma informed mental health treatment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Brief Supportive Counseling to clients on PAAR’s current waitlist.
- Provide case-management for identified clients at PAAR.
- Assist with aftercare referrals for discharging clients.
- Co-facilitate PAAR’s weekly virtual support group.
- Attend weekly supervision with the Supervisor of Clinical Services and the Supervisor of Victim Response Team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Social work, Psychology, Counseling, or other related human services major Bachelor or Master level.
- Familiar with basic counseling skills, including active listening, validation of feelings, reflection, summarization, and crisis intervention.
- Experienced with trauma-informed care models of treatment.
- Experience with clinical documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must complete and report required agency information in a timely manner.
- Must be dependable and works well with others and acts in a professional manner.
- PA Acts 33/34 and FBI certifiable
- Must adhere to professional ethics and agency policy on confidentiality.
- Philosophical orientation compatible with PAAR philosophy and mission
PAY RATE: The position is for 24 hours per week from May 10, 2021 through August 27, 2021 and is paid an hourly rate of $15/hour.
ABOUT PAAR: Pittsburgh Action Against Rape is one of the oldest rape crisis centers in the country. PAAR had provided services to Allegheny County for more than 48 years. PAAR is dedicated to assisting victims of sexual abuse and ending sexual violence in our community.
DEI Imperative: PAAR seeks to recruit candidates for employment that represent our diverse community in race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, and ability. Inclusive and equitable in our recruitment and retention practices, we are dedicated to uplifting diverse opinions and backgrounds in order to grow and evolve as a welcoming workplace for all. Pittsburgh Action Against Rape is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: If you are interested in applying for this internship, please submit a letter of introduction and resume to Lisa Kadlecik, Director of Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to submit your resume is April 30, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com