Pittsburgh Action Against Rape
Website Pittsburgh Action Against Rape
Pittsburgh Action Against Rape is looking for a part-time Marketing, Development and Communications Intern who is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for PAAR’s mission. This position has the responsibility of building and engaging our community on a daily basis with the ultimate goal of connecting individuals in the community to PAAR’s programs and services. This position will focus on creating new and intentional ways to connect PAAR’s work to the community at large. This person must be able to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and as part of a larger team. They should be enthusiastic, creative and possess a strong attention to detail.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in planning, writing and managing PAAR’s newsletter
- Design and implement an agency media kit including press release samples
- Updating the media contact list
- Designing flyers, graphics, evites and other marketing material for major events- PAAR 50th Anniversary
- Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Plan and facilitate marketing, development and communications calendar
- Assist in creating a tracking system for all media mentions etc.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Communication or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Basic knowledge of Canva
- Commitment to working as part of a team with PAAR staff and volunteers
- Must complete and report required agency information in a timely manner
- Must have reliable phone and computer
- Must adhere to professional ethics and agency policy on confidentiality
- PA Acts 33/34 and FBI certifiable
- Philosophical orientation compatible with PAAR philosophy and mission
PAY RATE: The position is for 20 hours per week from May 10, 2021 through August 27, 2021 and is paid an hourly rate of $15/hour.
ABOUT PAAR: Pittsburgh Action Against Rape is one of the oldest rape crisis centers in the country. PAAR had provided services to Allegheny County for more than 48 years. PAAR is dedicated to assisting victims of sexual abuse and ending sexual violence in our community.
DEI Imperative: PAAR seeks to recruit candidates for employment that represent our diverse community in race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, and ability. Inclusive and equitable in our recruitment and retention practices, we are dedicated to uplifting diverse opinions and backgrounds in order to grow and evolve as a welcoming workplace for all. Pittsburgh Action Against Rape is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: If you are interested in applying for this internship, please submit a letter or introduction and resume to Lisa Kadlecik, Director of Administration, at email@example.com Deadline to submit your resume is April 30, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org