Pittsburgh Action Against Rape
Website Pittsburgh Action Against Rape
Pittsburgh Action Against Rape is looking for a part-time Social Media Intern who is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for PAAR’s mission. This position has the responsibility of building and engaging our community on a daily basis with the ultimate goal of connecting individuals in the community to PAAR’s programs and services. This position will focus on the creation and execution of timely and compelling content across a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. This position is responsible for creating a deliberate and intentional social media strategy that delivers results through organic and paid advertising. The strategy will build and grow awareness and create a positive online reputation. This person must be able to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and as part of a larger team. They should be enthusiastic, creative and possess a strong attention to detail.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the creation and fulfillment of social media calendar
- Assist in the ideation, gathering and creation of multiple content types for social syndication, including editorial, photos, videos and static/motion graphics
- Assist in monitoring social media channels
- Assist in scheduling content to social media channels
- Assist in creating a reporting system for social media analytics
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Communication or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with and understanding of social media platforms, their demographics, analytics, etc.
- Experience in capturing platform-specific photo and video content, using both cell phone and camera
- Experience storytelling on social media platforms
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Basic knowledge of Canva
- Basic knowledge of video editing (Adobe Premiere Pro or similar software)
- Experience with social media analytics and running performance reports
- Commitment to working as part of a team with PAAR staff and volunteers
- Must complete and report required agency information in a timely manner
- Must have reliable phone and computer
- Must adhere to professional ethics and agency policy on confidentiality
- PA Acts 33/34 and FBI certifiable
- Philosophical orientation compatible with PAAR philosophy and mission
PAY RATE: The position is for 20 hours per week from May 10, 2021 through August 27, 2021 and is paid an hourly rate of $15/hour.
ABOUT PAAR: Pittsburgh Action Against Rape is one of the oldest rape crisis centers in the country. PAAR had provided services to Allegheny County for more than 48 years. PAAR is dedicated to assisting victims of sexual abuse and ending sexual violence in our community.
DEI Imperative: PAAR seeks to recruit candidates for employment that represent our diverse community in race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, and ability. Inclusive and equitable in our recruitment and retention practices, we are dedicated to uplifting diverse opinions and backgrounds in order to grow and evolve as a welcoming workplace for all. Pittsburgh Action Against Rape is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: If you are interested in applying for this internship, please submit a letter of introduction and resume to Lisa Kadlecik, Director of Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline to submit your resume is April 30, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com