Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre
Website Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre
Full-time, salaried position ($34,000-$36,000)
ABOUT PITTSBURGH BALLET THEATRE (PBT): Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre has been the region’s premier professional ballet company since 1969. Today, PBT is a nationally recognized ballet company of 30 professional dancers, a training institution for over 1,300 students of all ages, and an incubator for dance education and accessibility programs in classrooms, libraries and community centers throughout the region. The company performs a wide-ranging repertoire of classical ballets, contemporary masterworks and new commissions in more than 50 performances annually in theaters, across the region and on tour. In 2020, PBT welcomed new artistic director Susan Jaffe who has helped PBT pivot from stage to screen with new works and classical favorites. We are a team of artists, educators, creatives, leaders and doers. We aim to put our people first, celebrate diversity and inspire the region through our work.
ABOUT THIS POSITION: PBT is seeking a front desk manager who will act as a first point of contact for all Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre visitors, guests and callers. This individual creates a welcoming environment for all constituents. The front desk manager provides administrative support for Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre School by managing the front desk operation including answering phone calls, directing and interacting with visitors, accepting payments, training and scheduling evening and weekend front desk staff and answering school emails. This person provides additional administrative support to the school as time allows.
- Act as the first point of contact for students, vendors, building visitors, staff; providing exemplary customer service and fostering a sense of community at PBT
- Provide overall management to the evening and weekend front desk staff
- Provide additional administrative support to the school as needed
WHAT YOU WILL DO: While no two days are quite the same, you can expect that your day will generally consist of the following:
- Monitor main lobby, welcoming students, families, board members, vendors, staff and others to the building
- Assist with the student check in process as needed, including managing temperature checks and other protocols
- Address general questions related to the school and whole organization via email, phone, and in person
- Keep the lobby area neat throughout the day
- Work in the Community Division CRM (MindBody) to process payments, register clients, etc.
- Coordinate the entire front desk operation including scheduling and training
- Provide additional administrative support to the school administrative team including assistance with mailings, data entry, registration and payments, etc.
- Assist with PBT Boutique sales
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: PBT is looking for a front desk manager with a passion for working with people who embodies its core values: Respect each other and embrace our diversity, work hard with integrity and passion, collaborate to ignite new possibilities, innovate at every level within our organization.
- High school diploma or GED required
1 or more years of relevant experience such as receptionist experience, customer service experience, administrative assistance experience
- Management experience preferred
- Typical working hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., though sometimes flexibility is required
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be tech savvy! The successful candidate will already know or be trained on using the phone system, G-Suite, MindBody Software, school database, copy machine, postage machine, and more
- Full-time, salaried position ($34,000-$36,000)
- Hospitalization, vision, and dental insurance is available after 60 days; short and long term disability is also offered
- 403(b) with employer match
- Competitive paid time off
Everyone at PBT is a vital team member. Your ideas and your work will impact our students, the organization and the promotion of the artform in our region and beyond
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
This position is a full-time position located in Pittsburgh, PA. This is not a remote position.
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We will help ensure a comfortable and positive interview experience for applicants. Please let us know how we can accommodate you. First interviews are currently being held via Zoom.
To apply: https://jobapply.page.link/aqTG
To apply for this job please visit jobapply.page.link.