Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre
Website Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre
Full-time, salaried position
ABOUT PITTSBURGH BALLET THEATRE (PBT): Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre has been the region’s premier professional ballet company since 1969. Today, PBT is a nationally recognized ballet company of 30 professional dancers, a training institution for over 1,300 students of all ages, and an incubator for dance education and accessibility programs in classrooms, libraries and community centers throughout the region. The company performs a wide-ranging repertoire of classical ballets, contemporary masterworks and new commissions in more than 50 performances annually in theaters, across the region and on tour. We are a team of artists, educators, creatives, leaders and doers. We aim to put our people first, celebrate diversity and inspire the region through our work.
ABOUT THIS POSITION: PBT is seeking an associate production and rentals manager. The associate production and rentals manager will primarily manage and execute the technical requirements for all Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre School and PBT Education productions, runouts, performances, etc. In addition, this person will manage the organization’s rental inventory, including liaising with external constituents, preparing rental agreements, and managing logistics around rental activities. This individual should be highly organized and exhibit excellent interpersonal communication skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO: While no two days are quite the same, you can expect that your day will generally consist of the following:
- Provide support to school and education departments with production related activities
- Manage the rental inventory and rental activity
- Assist the Director of Production as needed in PBT season productions and other production activities
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: PBT is looking for a production professional with varied experience who embodies its core values: Respect each other and embrace our diversity, work hard with integrity and passion, collaborate to ignite new possibilities, innovate at every level within our organization.
The future associate production and rentals manager:
- Has journeyman level experience in several production areas (lighting, sound, props, costumes)
- Is tech savvy, highly organized and an excellent communicator, both in-person and in writing
- Is a team player who can effectively manage relationships and manage multiple others’ priorities
- Is able to work a flexible schedule, including long days and weekends
- Clearances (Federal Criminal History, PA State Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance) are required following employment offer
- Physical requirements include: ability to drive a non-CDL truck up to 26’, ability to lift up to 80lbs and ability to work at heights
- Varied stagecraft training and experience is preferable
- Knowledge of dance production is preferable
- Full-time, salaried position with competitive pay ($40,000-45,000 annually, depending on experience)
- Hospitalization, vision, and dental insurance is available after 60 days; short and long term disability is also offered
- 403(b) with employer match
- Competitive paid time off
- Everyone at PBT is a vital team member. Your ideas and your work will impact our students, the organization and the promotion of the artform in our region and beyond
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
This position is a full-time position located in Pittsburgh, Pa. Regular remote work is not offered for this position.
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We will help ensure a comfortable and positive interview experience for applicants. Please let us know how we can accommodate you. For the safety of all, interviews are currently being held via Zoom.
Qualified applicants should send an up-to-date resume and cover letter to Lauren Carlini at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org