Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre
Website Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre
Full-time, salaried position
ABOUT PITTSBURGH BALLET THEATRE (PBT): Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre has been the region’s premier professional ballet company since 1969. Today, PBT is a nationally recognized ballet company of 30 professional dancers, a training institution for over 1,300 students of all ages, and an incubator for dance education and accessibility programs in classrooms, libraries and community centers throughout the region. The company performs a wide-ranging repertoire of classical ballets, contemporary masterworks and new commissions in more than 50 performances annually, across the region and on tour. We are a team of artists, educators, creatives, leaders and doers. In 2020, PBT welcomed new artistic director Susan Jaffe. We aim to put our people first, celebrate diversity and inspire the region through our work.
ABOUT THIS POSITION: PBT is seeking a director of marketing to provide strong leadership and creative, out-of-the-box operational and strategic direction to the marketing department at Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre. The director of marketing works in a strategic partnership with the director of development to achieve organizational outcomes. The director of marketing has four primary responsibilities:
- Cultivate and refresh the PBT brand, honoring the artistic vision of Artistic Director Susan Jaffe
- Retain and build audiences and increase earned revenue streams for new and existing opportunities
- Lead a talented marketing team in driving forward the mission and values of PBT through a comprehensive marketing strategy for PBT Company, as well as assisting the PBT School, education and development departments in their marketing efforts
- Work symbiotically with the director of development to achieve contributed revenue goals for the organization, in partnership with earned revenue KPIs
The director of marketing is a key member of the PBT leadership team who will report to the executive director and work closely with the artistic director, director of development, director of education and PBT School leadership.
WHAT YOU WILL DO: While no two days are quite the same, you can expect that your day will generally consist of the following:
- Plan, implement and oversee the execution of PBT’s marketing strategy, including paid media, PR, digital marketing and virtual programming
- Lead a talented team of marketing professionals in carrying out the marketing plan for the PBT season, development, school and education departments; provide feedback, coaching, guidance and goals for marketing team
- Guide the day-to-day activities of the marketing department
- Cultivate the PBT brand and artistic vision as determined by the artistic director
- Set and administer an annual marketing budget
- Create and manage a calendar of events and deadlines, ensuring that all deliverables are on time
- Adjust the marketing plan as required by market changes and trends
- Provide tools and materials to enable the patron loyalty team to function effectively, specifically ensuring that all patron services team members are adequately familiar with Tessitura CRM
- Manage and refine PBT’s social media presence, staying up to date with social media trends and best practices; measure success of social media campaigns
- Establish and communicate KPIs for marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Report on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns using established KPIs
- Analyze and utilize data collected via Tessitura to measure success of campaigns, use market research to inform strategy and decisions
- Maintain relationships with vendors for the production of marketing materials
- Ongoing commitment to PBT’s IDEA initiatives in all marketing efforts
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: PBT is looking for a director of marketing with progressive leadership experience who embodies its core values: Respect each other and embrace our diversity, work hard with integrity and passion, collaborate to ignite new possibilities, innovate at every level within our organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, graphic design or related field
- A minimum of 8 years experience in a marketing role with progressive job responsibilities
- Experience leading a multidisciplinary marketing team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of AP Style
- Proven track record in accomplishing goals in a cross-functional department
- Proven ability to lead marketing campaigns
- Non-profit experience, specifically within an arts organization, is preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Innovative, entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to analyze data to inform decision making
- Ability to identify problems and brainstorm solutions
- Experience working with Tessitura or similar CRM is preferred
- Other software competencies include Microsoft Office Suite, G-Suite, Prospect2, Adobe Suite
- Portfolio may be requested
- Full-time, salaried position with competitive pay
- Hospitalization, vision, and dental insurance is available after 60 days; short and long term disability is also offered
- 403(b) with employer match
- Competitive paid time off
Everyone at PBT is a vital team member. Your ideas and your work will impact our students, the organization and the promotion of the artform in our region and beyond.
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
This position is a full-time position located in Pittsburgh, PA. This is not a fully remote position. All candidates must live in or be willing to relocate to the region.
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We will help ensure a comfortable and positive interview experience for applicants. Please let us know how we can accommodate you. For the safety of all, interviews are currently being held via Zoom.
Qualified applicants should send an up-to-date resume and cover letter to Lauren Carlini at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know where you first learned of this opportunity. Resumes will not be accepted without a cover letter. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com