Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre
Website Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre
Full-time, live-in position
ABOUT PITTSBURGH BALLET THEATRE (PBT): Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre has been the region’s premier professional ballet company since 1969. Today, PBT is a nationally recognized ballet company of 30 professional dancers, a training institution for over 1,300 students of all ages, and an incubator for dance education and accessibility programs in classrooms, libraries and community centers throughout the region. The company performs a wide-ranging repertoire of classical ballets, contemporary masterworks and new commissions in more than 50 performances annually in theaters, across the region and on tour. We are a team of artists, educators, creatives, leaders and doers. We aim to put our people first, celebrate diversity and inspire the region through our work.
ABOUT THIS POSITION: PBT is seeking a responsible, engaging and enthusiastic live-in Residential Life Manager to oversee the operations of Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre’s Byham House dormitory, which houses 21 teenage students. This individual will be responsible for the following key areas:
Create a safe, supportive and vibrant residential living experience for PBT’s 21 resident full-time students during the school year and 100+ residents during the summer.
Oversee day-to-day Byham House operations and staff
Develop programming that is whole-person focused, provide academic and emotional support, and administer discipline as necessary according to the resident handbook
The Byham House manager reports to the manager of school communications and student resources.
WHAT YOU WILL DO: While no two days are quite the same, you can expect that your day will generally consist of the following:
- Support community building and personal growth for all residents
- Creates a safe and inclusive living environment for all students
- Provide wellness programming for residents in conjunction with Manager of School
- Communication and Student Resources
- Regularly meet with residents individually and as a group
- Write monthly newsletter for residents and parents/guardians to communicate updates and upcoming events
- Prepare wellness reports to parents/guardians informing them about their student’s progress
- Create an environment that is conducive to academic growth include supervising residents during study hours, serving as proctor for testing, and monitoring academic progress
- Update, advise, further develop and enforce the policies and procedures in the Resident Handbook. Document violations and report major policy violations to the manager of school communications and student resources
- Respond and manage crises, conflicts, and emergencies
- Assist students with health management by reviewing medical and doctor appointment procedures
- Manage the Live-In Resident Assistant and Weekend Staff
- Update and enforce the house COVID-19 safety plan
- Provide operational support for the house including scheduling vendors, maintaining supply levels and alerting the director of school operations of any maintenance needs
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: PBT is looking for a responsible and student-focused live-in house manager who embodies its core values: Respect each other and embrace our diversity, work hard with integrity and passion, collaborate to ignite new possibilities, innovate at every level within our organization.
The future manager of residential programs is:
- Incredibly responsible, exhibiting the ability to make good choices in difficult situations
- An effective communicator who can communicate with students and parents
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Clearances (Federal Criminal History, PA State Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance) are required following employment offer; this position is a mandated reporter and candidates must be comfortable in that role
- Ability to drive PBT van
Hours: The Manager of Residential Programs must maintain office hours and on-call hours based on housing operational needs. Evening and weekend work are required.
Current on-duty hours are:
Mon/Tues/Thur 6:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. with on-call hours from 2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. and on-duty hours Weds/Fri from 5:30 – 10:30 p.m. and on-call hours from 2:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Additional staff provide support on weekends. Participate in an on-call rotation with Resident Assistant and additional support from the Manager of School Communications and Student Resources.
Summer Program hours vary depending on program, keeping morning and evening hours as dictated by the students’ seven-week campus schedule.
- Full-time, salaried position ($30,000)
- In addition to salary, housing and meals are provided
- Hospitalization, vision, and dental insurance is available after 60 days; short and long term disability is also offered
- 403(b) with employer match
- Paid time-off and holidays
Everyone at PBT is a vital team scheduled around the member. Your ideas and your work will impact our students, the organization and the promotion of the artform in our region and beyond
This is an advertisement for employment and does not capture every duty for this position.
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
This position is a full-time position located in Pittsburgh, Pa. Regular remote work is not offered for this position.
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We will help ensure a comfortable and positive interview experience for applicants. Please let us know how we can accommodate you. For the safety of all, interviews are currently being held via Zoom.
Qualified applicants should send an up-to-date resume and cover letter to Lauren Carlini at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com