Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre
Website Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre
Ballet for All
Full-time, salaried position
ABOUT PITTSBURGH BALLET THEATRE (PBT): Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre has been the region’s premier professional ballet company since 1969. Today, PBT is a nationally recognized ballet company of 35 professional dancers, a training institution for over 1,300 students of all ages, and an incubator for dance education and accessibility programs in classrooms, libraries and community centers throughout the region. The company performs a wide-ranging repertoire of classical ballets, contemporary masterworks and new commissions in more than 50 performances annually in theaters, across the region and on tour. In 2020, PBT welcomed new artistic director Susan Jaffe who has helped PBT expand its reach during the pandemic, with performances on stage and on screen featuring new works and classical favorites. We are a team of artists, educators, creatives, leaders and doers. We aim to put our people first, celebrate diversity and inspire the region through our work.
ABOUT THIS POSITION: The Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre marketing team seeks a marketing generalist who can handle the day-to-day marketing functions of Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre School. This position reports to the director of marketing, but works closely with the PBT School Director, artistic director, and school administrative team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO: While no two days are quite the same, you can expect that your day will generally consist of the following duties and responsibilities:
- Social media management: Coordinate, schedule, and create social media content that represents PBTS inline with established approval processes and brand guidelines
- Review, edit, suppress and respond to social media comments, inquiries, etc.
- Oversee direct mail, email, advertisement marketing campaigns for the school
- Manage media relations for the school, including writing press releases and managing press inquiries
- Create and/or coordinate photography, videography, graphic design, blog posts and other deliverables, working with the school director to obtain approval
- Act as project manager and liaison between school leadership and marketing department in ensuring that deliverables are produced by deadlines
- Manage the school’s presence on the PBT website
- Attend performances as required for the school
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: PBT is looking for a school marketing manager with an understanding of general marketing who embodies its core values: Respect each other and embrace our diversity, work hard with integrity and passion, collaborate to ignite new possibilities, innovate at every level within our organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, graphic design or related field; experience can substitute for degree
- Minimum 2 years experience in marketing role, generalist experience preferred
- Nonprofit experience is preferred but not required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create engaging and original social media content
- Understanding of AP style
- Knowledge of social media and marketing trends
- Photography, graphic design, photo editing skills would be an added bonus but are not required
- Desire to learn and master new skills
- Software competencies include Microsoft Office Suite, G-Suite, Prospect2, Adobe suite, Tessitura
- Full-time, salaried position ($38,000-$41,000)
- Hospitalization, vision, and dental insurance is available after 60 days; short and long term disability is also offered
- 403(b) with employer match
- Competitive paid time off
Everyone at PBT is a vital team member. Your ideas and your work will impact our students, the organization and the promotion of the artform in our region and beyond
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
This position is a full-time position located in Pittsburgh, Pa. This is not a fully remote position, though some remote work may be available. All candidates must live-in or be willing to relocate to the region.
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We will help ensure a comfortable and positive interview experience for applicants. Please let us know how we can accommodate you.
To apply for this job please visit jobapply.page.link.