Pittsburgh Botanic Garden
Website Pittsburgh Botanic Garden
The Communications Coordinator supports marketing strategies to reach and build new audiences through a variety of engagement methods including institutional materials and publications (both print and digital), and Pittsburgh Botanic Garden website. The position will insure that all collateral maintains and upholds the Garden’s brand identity and consistency across all marketing channels.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate print and electronic materials that support the Membership program and Adult/Youth education classes, workshops and drop-in programs. These pieces include printed newsletters and other mailings, internal signage and e-monitor system.
- Develop and distribute weekly e-communication; and execute focused e-communication campaigns targeting specific audience segments, including Membership
- Create social media content to build and engage the Garden’s diverse audiences
- Develop and manage the content on Pittsburgh Botanic Garden’s website, including Event Calendar and blogs
- Analyze and report on audience engagement and usage statistics; monitor and provide monthly reports on conversions/goals
- Organize and maintain the physical and digital media archives, including collecting, scanning and distributing press clippings
- Organize and maintain the Garden’s digital image library
- Plan and coordinate “grass root” marketing efforts, such as Home and Garden Show and Garden in the Parks
Experience And Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- 2+ years of marketing and communications experience, preferable in a cultural institution.
- Excellent written communication skills, and ability to think creatively.
- Proficient with WordPress and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram) and related analytics.
- Experience producing print materials.
- Able to operate professionally under pressure, meet deadlines and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Obtain clearances (Child Abuse Clearance; PA State Police Background Check; FBI Fingerprint Background Check).
- Primarily office work conditions (on-site and work from home) with occasional outdoor work at events.
- Typically, this is a 24 hour workweek position; however, flexible hours are required for Garden related functions.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, traverse moderate site conditions related to Garden events, and be computer proficient.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Pittsburgh Botanic Garden provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pittsburgh Botanic Garden complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Email submissions only. Please send cover letter, resume and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. All candidate submissions should be combined in a single PDF with applicant’s name in the file name. Please do not include information in email text, but include important information for consideration in cover letter content. Do not make multiple submissions. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com