Pittsburgh Botanic Garden
Website Pittsburgh Botanic Garden
Pittsburgh Botanic Garden is a unique cultural amenity for the region built upon 460 acres of reclaimed mine land that Inspires People to Grow. The Garden features inspirational display gardens, horticultural and environmental education, and research into regional botanical, ecological remediation and conservation issues. The Garden is committed to taking a leadership role in the stewardship of the natural world and preserving healthy ecosystems.
As part of the Garden’s growing team, we seek a Facilities Manager to oversee the physical maintenance of all Pittsburgh Botanic Garden buildings and facilities to ensure that they are safe, up to code and fully operational. The Facilities Manager will be responsible for managing building service providers, construction contractors, and coordinating with other department managers with regards to the Garden’s schedule of educational programs, rentals, and private and community events.
This position reports to the Horticulture and Facilities Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Update and maintain building preventative maintenance program and schedules.
- Ensure operational efficiency of all building systems.
- Coordinate all maintenance issues, work orders and schedules.
- Organize and maintain database of replacement parts and material specifications.
- Ensure all utility systems are inspected in accordance with regulations.
- Coordinate site safety program.
- Manage building security systems and services.
- Provide project management on small projects e.g., renovation/additions.
- Procure and manage contracts for building services providers.
- Coordinate contractors and service providers with Garden events and programs.
- Ensure all Pittsburgh Botanic Garden processes and compliance programs are met.
- Prepare operating reports and budgets.
- Manage and supervise staff, volunteers and outside contractors.
Experience and Qualifications
- High school degree required. College, technical or trade school degree preferred.
- Facilities management experience required.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and plans.
- Familiarity with sustainability principles a plus.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Self-motivated and self-directed with a natural attention to details.
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets.
- General computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration, creative problem-solving and conflict management.
- Preferred experience in the Green Industry
- Strength in oral and written communications.
- A passionate commitment to the mission and purpose of the Garden.
- Adherence to all Pittsburgh Botanic Garden policies and procedures.
- Obtain clearances before start date (Child Abuse Clearance; PA State Police Background Check; FBI Fingerprint Background Check)
- Able to operate professionally under pressure, meet deadlines and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- This is a full-time, salaried position. Typically, this is a 40-hour workweek position. Flexible hours, including some weekend hours, will be required for Garden-related events, functions and emergencies.
- Health benefits package available, plus holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Primarily indoor work with occasional outdoor work in all weather conditions to manage buildings/projects or work special events.
- Must be able to traverse moderate to difficult site conditions related to Garden topography.
- Ability to stand, bend, squat, and lift 50 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pittsburgh Botanic Garden provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pittsburgh Botanic Garden complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Email submissions only. Please send cover letter, resume and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. All candidate submissions should be combined in a single PDF with applicant’s name in the file name. Please do not include information in email text, but include important information for consideration in cover letter content. Do not make multiple submissions. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com