Pittsburgh Cares is seeking a Program Coordinator to assist with corporate and community volunteer programming. This position is a full-time position that reports primarily to both the Manager of Corporate & Community Programs and the Senior Manager of Community Programs.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting in planning and implementing volunteer projects for Pittsburgh Cares’ customized volunteer projects and Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP). This position requires creativity, initiative, ability to work with minimal supervision, willingness to work irregular hours when needed, and a serious can-do attitude.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementing customized volunteer projects:
- Project management for individuals and groups
- Identifying nonprofit agency partners to develop project scope and identify needed human and material resources
- Coordinating the appropriate logistics including supplies, food services, transportation, etc.
- Providing site leadership and management at volunteer projects
- Managing volunteer recruitment and registration
- Project impact evaluation, measurement, and reporting
- Supporting the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- Fielding communication with current and prospective enrollees
- Meeting with prospective volunteers
- Collecting and managing data
- Volunteer recognition support
- Operational support:
- Volunteer database management
- Volunteer project posting, tracking, and impact reporting
- Organizing and tracking inventory of supplies
- Fielding phone calls and emails from business and community partners and volunteers
- Establishing and retaining corporate, community, and agency partners through effective relationship management
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the implementation of special events including, but not limited to Toys for Tots season of service, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, National Volunteer Week, Global Youth Service Day, etc.
- Representing Pittsburgh Cares at volunteer fairs, networking events, etc.
- Recruiting and registering volunteers
- Providing on-site management of special event projects
- Recognizing volunteers and agency partner
- Completion of other duties as necessary
The successful candidate will have working knowledge of project and volunteer management, customer service, and special event coordinating as well as a commitment to the mission of Pittsburgh Cares. Candidates should also possess a proven commitment to volunteering and an ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences. The following qualifications are also preferred:
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years experience in the nonprofit sector/ related field
- Experience in Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and familiarity with database Salesforce software
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work independently in a fast-paced and often changing environment
- Ability to work with and enthusiastically engage a diverse pool of volunteers, service partners and professional/ cultural styles
- Energetic and outgoing personality with a sense of humor and ability to be flexible=
- Physically able to carry volunteer project supplies, occasionally weighing up to 50+ pounds
- Valid PA driver’s license and good driving record with access to vehicle
- Weekday availability: service projects often take place during typical work hours
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com