Pittsburgh Cares is a nonprofit organization located in Pittsburgh’s Lawrenceville neighborhood, but our reach is region-wide. Our mission is to inspire, equip, and mobilize people to take action to affect positive change in our communities. We strengthen the impact of our regional nonprofit partners by effectively engaging individuals, families, youth, seniors, and companies in meaningful volunteer service. In a nutshell, we want to be the friends you come to when you want to do good in the neighborhood.
The Project Coordinator is a full time position, primarily responsible for assisting in planning and implementing volunteer projects for Pittsburgh Cares’ Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP), with occasional project support for other Pittsburgh Cares projects and programs. RSVP operates in Allegheny, Beaver, and Butler Counties. This position requires creativity, initiative, ability to work with minimal supervision, willingness to work irregular hours when needed, and a serious can-do attitude.
Supporting the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- Fielding communication with current and prospective enrollees
- Meeting with prospective volunteers
- Collecting and managing data in Google Suite and Salesforce
- Volunteer recognition via mailings, digital mailings, and in-person events
Volunteer project management
- Volunteer coordination for individuals and groups
- Identifying nonprofit agency partners to develop project scope and identify needed human and material resources
- Coordinating the appropriate logistics including supplies, food services, transportation, etc.
- Providing site leadership and management at volunteer projects
- Managing volunteer event recruitment and registration
- Project impact evaluation, measurement, and reporting
- Volunteer database management
- Volunteer project posting, tracking, and impact reporting
- Organizing and tracking inventory of supplies
- Fielding phone calls and emails from business and community partners and volunteers
- Establishing and retaining community and nonprofit agency partners through effective relationship management
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the implementation of special events including, but not limited to Toys for Tots season of service, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, National Volunteer Week, 9/11 Day of Service, etc.
- Representing Pittsburgh Cares at volunteer fairs, networking events, etc.
- Recruiting and registering volunteers
- Providing on-site management of special event projects
- Recognizing volunteers and agency partners
- Completion of other duties as necessary
The successful candidate will have working knowledge of project and volunteer management, customer service, and special event coordination as well as a commitment to the mission of Pittsburgh Cares. Candidates should also possess a proven commitment to volunteering and an ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences. The following qualifications are also preferred:
- Preferred 1-3 years experience in the nonprofit sector/ related field
- Experience in Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and familiarity with database Salesforce software
- Proficiency using Apple products (Macbook/ iPad)
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work independently in a fast-paced and often changing environment
- Ability to work with and enthusiastically engage a diverse pool of volunteers, service partners and professional/ cultural styles
- Energetic and outgoing personality with a sense of humor and ability to be flexible
- Physically able to carry volunteer project supplies, often weighing anywhere from 30-50 pounds
- Valid PA driver’s license and good driving record with access to vehicle
- Travel will occur mostly within Allegheny, Beaver, and Butler Counties
- Weekday availability: service projects often take place during typical work hours with an occasional Saturday project
Salary range for this position is $31,000-$36,000 annually. Benefits package includes health and dental coverage, mileage reimbursement, and paid time off. Pittsburgh Cares also offers a flexible schedule with the possibility of working remotely when needed.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “PROJECT coordinator” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com