Website Pittsburgh CLO
The Pittsburgh CLO, a large not-for-profit performing arts organization, is seeking a driven individual to serve as the Controller. This exciting position is responsible for overall administration of the financial activities of the organization. Assisting the Director of Finance & Administration and senior management, the Controller will develop and implement budgets, financial systems, reporting and policies. If you are a reliable, process and deadline-driven individual, interested in working in a team-oriented environment, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Manage the overall administration and reconciliation of financial transactions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and the general ledger in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), government regulations and best practices.
- Supervise Finance and Accounting staff, as well as department interns.
- Manage the annual audit and tax return preparation with external auditors and CLO staff.
- Assist the Director of Finance & Administration with managing cash flow to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the organization, its departments and entities.
- Assist the Director of Finance & Administration with financial reporting including, but not limited to, monthly budget variance reports, grant reports and cash flow projections.
- Partner with the Director of Finance & Administration to develop, implement and track the annual budget for the organization, as well as project budgets as necessary.
- Work with the Director of Finance & Administration and department heads with developing financial systems and procedures to process, track, forecast and report upon revenue, expenses and cash flow to maximize operational and financial effectiveness and efficiency.
- Attend Full Board meetings and participate in the following Board of Directors Committees: Audit, Budget & Finance, and Executive.
- Support the Executive Producer, CEO, and Senior Staff as needed with other tasks and projects which advance the goals of the organization, its departments and entities.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of non-profit accounting management experience
- Successful track record of managing audits, producing tax returns and building productive relationships with external auditors, vendors and board members
- Strong computer skills and ability to quickly learn new software as needed.
- Knowledge of Sage Intacct, Paychex, or other non-profit accounting software preferred
- Exceptional organization skills with keen attentional to detail
- Leadership experience with the ability to manage and motivate a team of direct reports
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality at all times
- Engaged in and inspired by the performing arts, cultural events and musical theater
What we offer:
- Full-time, exempt position with a dynamic organization and engaged team
- Full benefits package (health, vision, dental, and long-term disability)
- Excellent opportunity to support the vibrancy of arts and culture of our city
- Direct supervisory experience of a team of financial professionals
To Apply: Interested candidates may apply by visiting: https://compassbusinesssolutionsinc.applytojob.com/apply/1APo3shU9G/Controller
It is the continuing policy of Pittsburgh CLO to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or family or parental status and to conform to all applicable laws and regulations to that regard. This policy of equal employment opportunity comprehends all aspects of the employment relationship, including application and initial employment, promotion and transfer, administration, and the application of service, retirement, seniority and employee benefit policies.
To apply for this job please visit compassbusinesssolutionsinc.applytojob.com.