Website Pittsburgh CLO
Pittsburgh CLO is a not-for-profit cultural organization dedicated to the preservation, creation and promotion of the American musical theater art form, the furnishing of arts education and providing outreach and meaningful community service opportunities in Western Pennsylvania and throughout the United States.
The Pittsburgh CLO, hailed as one of the nation’s premier regional theaters, is seeking a bright, organized, self-starter to serve as the Human Resources Manager. As the HR Leader of the organization, you will guide leadership with strategic direction, execute our people-first initiative, provide internal customer support and drive HR functional excellence.
Our efforts both on and off stage are all in support of our commitment to the mission: “the celebration of musical theater.” If you have a strong passion for the arts, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Manage the talent acquisition process including hiring, on-boarding and off-boarding for all staff positions and ensuring an equitable and inclusive process. Partner with hiring managers to review, analyze and clarify hiring needs and develop appropriate recruiting strategies to support those needs. Conduct reference checks and extend job offers, in partnership with hiring managers.
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits; research and propose competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Review job descriptions on an annual and as-needed basis and offer guidance to managers to maintain accurate and relevant job descriptions and job requirements.
- Champion a unified “people-first” workplace culture through engagement, motivation and optimization of human capital.
- Engage with managers on the disciplinary process, performance management, review of and compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Assist with implementing leadership development opportunities and offer recommendations for retaining top talent.
- Responsible for management and attending meetings of the HR Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Research, develop, recommend, and execute creative strategies to drive Diversity, Equity, Accessibility & Inclusion (DEAI) initiatives throughout the organization.
- Participate in Diversity, Equity, Accessibility & Inclusion (DEAI), Executive, Full Board, and Annual board meetings.
- Coordinate and lead training for all CLO constituents (staff, seasonal employees, artistic contractors, and volunteers) on CLO Policies and Procedures and Code of Ethics compliance.
- Partner with the Director of Finance & Administration to facilitate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Maintain personnel records and employee documentation in accordance with legal standards.
- Manage and administer the company benefits programs and annual open enrollment process.
- Administer unemployment and workmen’s compensation claims.
- Participate in the workplace Safety Committee.
- Maintain and update the CLO Code of Ethics, Employee Handbook and various policies in compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations. Review policies and recommended best practice.
- Support the Executive Producer, CEO, and Senior Staff as needed with other tasks and projects which advance the goals of the organization, its departments and entities.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required with a minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a robust HR Generalist role
- 3-5 years in a HR Management role strongly preferred
- HR Certification strongly desired (employer assistance may be considered)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills. Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality at all times
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems
- Strong commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility work
- Engaged in and inspired by the arts
What we offer:
- Full-time, exempt position with a dynamic organization and engaged team
- Full benefits package (health, vision, dental, and long-term disability)
- Excellent opportunity to support the vibrancy of the arts and culture locally, regionally, and nationally
To Apply: Interested candidates may apply by visiting: https://compassbusinesssolutionsinc.applytojob.com/apply/ez6DNkCZgg/Human-Resources-Manager
It is the continuing policy of Pittsburgh CLO to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or family or parental status and to conform to all applicable laws and regulations to that regard. This policy of equal employment opportunity comprehends all aspects of the employment relationship, including application and initial employment, promotion and transfer, administration, and the application of service, retirement, seniority and employee benefit policies
To apply for this job please visit compassbusinesssolutionsinc.applytojob.com.