Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corp.
Website Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corp.
STATUS: Full-time, exempt
REPORTS TO: Director, Sponsorship Sales
PCBC is growing and we are looking to hire a great account executive with a passion for public media to help us grow revenue for our community-based organization.
Be a part of a collaborative and successful sales team representing WESA and WYEP! Use your strong relationship selling skills and develop win-win solutions for our sponsors as they align their brands with the highly valued and trusted resource of public media in Pittsburgh.
The account executive represents WESA and WYEP with businesses and organizations in the Pittsburgh region. Our underwriting partners support Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation and its stations because of a shared belief in the value of the programming we produce, and a belief that WESA and WYEP can help them reach potential customers. This is a key role in our organization serving as a public media ambassador in our communities and directly growing revenue for PCBC.
About Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting
We are an independent, locally owned, community-supported public media organization. PCBC is home to 90.5 WESA and 91.3 WYEP, along with their related websites and digital services, all of which serve Pittsburgh and the surrounding communities of western Pennsylvania. The mission of PCBC is to create and distribute trusted content, build connections and strengthen our community through public media.
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Employee development is critical to the missions of Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting and its stations, so we invest resources in providing development opportunities for all employees.
We offer a competitive salary plus commission and an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental and vision benefits, a 403(b) plan with generous matching contributions, paid vacation and holidays, maternity and new parent leave, and a workplace that is fun, diverse and innovative.
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Work within in a team-based collaborative department to achieve department and organizational goals.
- Prospecting, cold calling, appointment setting, presenting and selling corporate underwriting for both 91.3 WYEP and 90.5 WESA, including digital assets and events.
- Effectively develop new business while managing an assigned list of accounts.
- Responsible for weekly/monthly activity tracking, projecting and forecasting future results, and reports of sales activity.
- Maintain accurate client and prospect files and records that are current, organized and accessible on Saleforce platform.
- Schedule on premise sales calls with prospective and current clients to represent PCBC, WESA and WYEP at all levels of organizations.
- Qualify accounts based on research, background in the Pittsburgh area market, and/or experience with decision makers.
- Planning comprehensive marketing campaigns for underwriting partners.
- Adhere to accounting department payment and collection procedures.
- Complete understanding and observance of the FCC rules and regulations as it relates to underwriting messaging in a noncommercial setting.
- Represent organization at community networking events.
- Understand the unique nature of public radio to be able to effectively advocate for the products and services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient at client management from prospecting to closing.
- Highly motivated and creative with knowledge of required marketing skills and a willingness to develop through training.
- Capable of independent work, without the requirement for constant supervision.
- Capable of working effectively in a highly collaborative culture.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM.
- An excellent communicator and presenter, both in person and online, with the ability to write and present in a professional and motivating manner.
- Excellent customer service skills and customer relationship management skills.
- A thorough understanding of media sales and media planning.
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and clients simultaneously.
- Minimum of three years of proven success in advertising or business to business sales experience (ideally in public media or the non-profit sector).
- Successful record of cultivating, managing, and retaining new business.
- Honesty and integrity in all dealings.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of PCBC.
This job operates in a professional office environment as well as offsite in market locations for meetings with clients and prospects. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and printers. Typical office hours are Monday – Friday, between 8:00-6:00, however, evenings and weekend work are occasionally necessary.
Please visit the recruitment site here. All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and three references. In your application, please let us know how you heard about the position.
This position is available immediately, and the search for candidates may be terminated without notice. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit csspcbc.sentrichr.com.