Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corp.
Website Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corp.
STATUS: Full-time, exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Membership
About Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting
We are an independent, locally owned, community-supported public media organization. PCBC is home to Pittsburgh’s NPR News station, 90.5 WESA, and 91.3 WYEP, serving Pittsburgh and the surrounding communities of western Pennsylvania. The mission of PCBC is to create and distribute trusted content, build connections, and strengthen our community through public media.
In addition to radio programming, both stations play an active role in engaging the community through online and mobile services and in-person events and have a prominent voice in Pittsburgh’s civic and cultural affairs.
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Employee development is critical to the missions of Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting and its stations, so we invest resources in providing development opportunities for all employees.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental and vision benefits, 403(b) plan with generous matching contributions, paid vacation and holidays, maternity and new parent leave, and a workplace that is fun, diverse and innovative.
The Individual Giving Manager ensures continued revenue growth and long-term financial stability at Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation by developing and implementing strategies to raise funds from individuals giving up to $1,000 annually. The Individual Giving Manager works closely with the Director of Membership and fellow team members to meet the fundraising goals of PCBC. This position will oversee best practices including but not limited to direct solicitations, membership drives, direct mail, on-air campaigns, social media campaigns and more. The ideal candidate is passionate about the mission and value of public media.
- Manage and further develop PCBC’s broad-based membership giving program;
- Create and implement strategies that bring in new members, move members up in donation levels, and show steady increase in membership donations;
- Execute fundraising strategies including but not limited to direct mail, telemarketing, online giving, email and social media campaigns;
- Create and maintain appeals including but not limited to acquisition, lapsed donor, renewal series and additional gift appeals;
- Assist with station membership on-air fund drives, planning and implementing, including goals, messaging, thank-you gifts, strategies and production;
- Maintain relationships with existing vendors and negotiate any new vendor services contracts;
- Assist Director of Membership with building a mid-level giving program;
- Serve as primary community liaison for external fundraising opportunities such as Giving Tuesday and Give Big Pittsburgh;
- Develop and oversee strategic matching gifts program; work to develop on and off-air marketing strategies to grow this revenue stream;
- Oversee vehicle donations program; create, implement marketing and communication strategy to increase awareness as well develop program to convert vehicle donors to members;
- Research and recommend additional revenue opportunities where appropriate;
- Follow best practices and new trends in nonprofit and public media fundraising strategies;
- Work closely with fellow membership team members to ensure success of overall department goals, long-term growth and donor retention;
- Attend and participate in weekly team meetings and other meetings as directed;
- Represent stations at events as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong judgement, sense of ethics, integrity and accountability;
- Strong analytical skills and database management experience;
- Highly organized self-starter with excellent time management skills and a high level of attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines as required;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, Canva, or compatible programs;
- Strong working knowledge of social media platforms;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Requirements & Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Philanthropy, Business, Communications or relevant field of study; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 3-5 years of progressive responsibility in fundraising or related experience, preferably with a focus on individual donors, direct response, and membership programs;
- Proven success in direct mail, telemarketing, email and online giving;
- Occasional evening and weekend work is required as well as some long days during peak fundraising times;
- Honesty and integrity in all dealings;
- Enthusiasm for the missions of PCBC and its stations.
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting places a high priority on employee safety and well-being; given the current COVID-19 pandemic, access to the Community Broadcast Center is restricted and most operations are remote.
This position routinely requires use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and printers. This position may require travel to various areas of western Pennsylvania. Typical office hours are Monday -Friday, 8:30 – 5:30, however, evenings and weekend work may be required.
Please visit the recruitment site here. All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and three references. In your application, please let us know how you heard about the position.
This position is available immediately, and the search for candidates may be terminated without notice. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit csspcbc.sentrichr.com.