Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership
Website Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership
The Manager of Special Event reports directly to the Senior Manager of Special Events while working closely with the Vice President of Special Events and Development. The Manager is responsible for primary oversight and planning of recurring and one-off special events around Downtown Pittsburgh as well as contributing to the planning, managing and execution of major events such as Light Up Night and Picklesburgh. In addition this position will be responsible for coordinating basic support for non-PDP events in Market Square.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Manager will have primary responsibility for oversight and planning of the weekly Farmers Market in Market Square including vendor management, sponsor services and entertainment.
- The Manager is responsible for coordinating basic support for non-PDP events in Market Square including arranging for power needs, tent rentals, clean team services
- Manage or support planning and venue operations for recurring special events and activations, including Yoga in the Square, Dancing in the Square, Move it Mondays, Rooftop Shindigs and specialty Markets such as Fashion or Health&Wellness. Develop and manage associated program and event budgets
- Set-up, tear-down, and execution of events including not limited to: setting up/tearing down tents, tables, and chairs, manning PDP tent, coordinating vendor locations and parking, assisting entertainers, etc
- Spearhead PDP’s Kidsplay program (Summer Kidsplay, Picklesburgh’s Lil Gherkin area, Holiday Kidsplay) including programming, partnerships, on-site management, and management of part time Kidsplay staff
- Ensure event sponsorship and funder deliverables are met
- Collaborate on detailed planning and operations for PDP’s large scale events including Picklesburgh and Light Up Night, especially with vendor communications and management
- Collaborate on logistical, promotional, and entertainment details for the Holiday Season and Market; followed by on-site presence during event operations
- Assist in designing and producing events that activate non-traditional venues Downtown and encourage visitors, particularly of nights and weekends
- Support sponsorship sales and solicitation activities, preparing proposals and recaps for a range of PDP activities.
- Support Marketing department with production of annual events including State of Downtown and Annual Meeting
- Oversee interns or part time staff related to event execution
- Highly motivated, detail- and results-oriented
- Experienced with event execution and working familiarity with basic equipment and logistics
- Able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Self-directed but able to work collectively as a team player
- Capable of overseeing a project from start to finish or jumping in mid-stream
- Willingness to work in the elements (heat, rain, cold temperatures, etc.)
- Ability to work irregular and long hours as needed, including early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Must be able to professionally represent PDP to the public, municipal authorities, sponsor and corporate contacts
- Able to tactfully enforce rules as needed
- Adept computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written skills necessary to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and outside constituents
Salary range : $35,000 – $42,000 depending on experience
Please submit a cover letter and resume. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org