Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership
Website Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership
Position: Multiple part time positions/potential for full time position available for Park Ambassador
Reporting Relationship: Senior Manager of Special Events
Status: Seasonal May-September; 10 hour days floating schedule, up to 40 hours per week
Overview: The Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership (PDP) is a non-profit organization committed to fostering economic vitality and improving life in Downtown Pittsburgh through clean and safe services, transportation initiatives, economic development programs, public space activation, advocacy, and marketing. The PDP seeks a Park Ambassador to assist with activation logistics and oversight in Market Square.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a welcoming presence in Market Square to encourage a positive visitor’s experience.
- Serve as on-the-ground liaison for vendors, sponsors, partners, and members of the public to ensure a positive park experience for everyone. Help with directions and other questions as needed.
- Daily set up of amenities and activities (games, etc.) in the park.
- Oversee set-up and breakdown of any PDP events or activations, including staging, tents, signage and audio/video.
- Serve as manager of small scale PDP activations (Yoga in the Square, Dancing in the Square, etc.)
- Serve as supplemental event support for larger scale PDP activations (Farmers Market, Night Market, etc.), reporting to PDP onsite manger.
- Act as liaison for any permitted or free speech non-PDP events or activations in the park.
- Serve as emcee and make stage announcements as needed.
- Coordinate with PDP Street and Clean Teams, Park Rangers, to ensure people in need of social or mental health services are addressed in a humanitarian, compassionate manner.
- Coordinate with Park Rangers and Pittsburgh Bureau of Police to report any illegal activity.
- Track park usage at different times throughout the day, including providing daily attendance counts, taking photos of events, and relaying sponsor and talent feedback and the presence of on-site media to supervisor.
- Communicate with coworkers and supervisors to report any issues or questions in real time.
- Submit daily reporting form to supervisor
Job Location and Conditions:
- Must be willing to work outside in varying weather conditions.
- Must operate equipment safely and in accordance with training, wear appropriate attire, and report any unsafe work conditions or practices to supervisor.
- Must be available to work mornings, days, evening, weekends and holidays.
- Must wear uniform when on duty and be responsible for clean and neat appearance of uniform.
- Accurately and positively represent PDP brand.
- Perform other related duties of comparable level/type as assigned.
- Ability to work effectively in both a team setting and independently and with children, families, staff, and community partners and contacts.
- A true “people person” with an outgoing personality with ability to interact with small and large crowds.
- Previous event / customer service experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to think and act in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to get to/ from work.
- Standing, sitting, walking, running: Must have ability to frequently (3-5 hours/day) stand, occasionally (1-3 hours/day) walk, and occasionally (0-1 hours/day) run. Must be able to walk and run over flat terrain.
- Willing to perform manual labor for set-up and take down (sweeping/cleaning up, removing garbage, etc.)
Relevant Experience (Not Required)
- Working with children (teacher, camp counselor, daycare, etc.)
- Social work
- Community outreach and engagement
Post Offer Requirements:
- Credential check
- Driving record check
- Criminal history and PA Act 33/34 clearances
Post hires requirements:
- Completion of First Aid certification (every 3 years).
- Completion of OSHA training (annually).
Compensation: $13-$15 per hour
Submit resumes and cover letters (with references) to:
Hiring Manager: Market Square Ambassador
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com