Pittsburgh Festival Opera
Website Pittsburgh Festival Opera
Production Manager (part-time through 2021/ full-time beginning in 2022)
General Position Summary:
Pittsburgh Festival Opera is dedicated to presenting innovative opera, including American works, reinterpretations of older works, and new works, for the widest possible audience. Pittsburgh Festival Opera is committed to being an antiracist and anti-oppressive organization.
The Production Manager is responsible for planning, implementing, and managing the production needs and resources for the company’s productions, community programs, gala.and special events.The Production Manager ensures that all production and technical aspects are in adherence to established parameters and supports the artistic and financial goals of the company.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily within the areas below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Production Administration and Planning
- Calendar Management
- Personnel Management
- Financial Management
- General Operations
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in music, theater or other arts. Experience working in non-profit arts organizations is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a production environment and to deal proactively with company requirements.
- 3+ years of experience in production management, technical direction, or as a production department supervisor.
- Thorough understanding of theatrical work environment, including industry safety standards and COVID protocols.
- Strong computer skills, including a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Highly self-motivated with leadership qualities.
- Works well under pressure and as part of a team.
- Results and team-oriented work style.
Job Conditions and Work Hours:
Employees will sometimes experience heavy workloads under very tight timelines. In addition, work may be required outside of normal business hours, including some evenings and weekends to support programming, performances and other Pittsburgh Festival Opera initiatives.
For a comprehensive job description, please send request by email to Christopher Powell, Executive Director at email@example.com.
Anticipated start date: June 16, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org