Pittsburgh Girls Choir
Website Pittsburgh Girls Choir
Where girls find their voice and community
Administrative Coordinator Job Description
The Pittsburgh Girls Choir (PGC) is hiring a part-time Administrative Coordinator to support and streamline the administrative day to day operations of the organization. This position will require an estimated time commitment of about 15 hours a week with a flexible work schedule. There is the possibility to grow this position to include additional hours and shared work with our administrative affiliate organization, the Pittsburgh Camerata, in Fall 2022.
Founded in 2005, the Pittsburgh Girls Choir provides a supportive community committed to artistic excellence through an exemplary music education program for girls in first through twelfth grades. The PGC welcomes girls of all races, ethnicities and socioeconomic backgrounds through a sliding-scale tuition and scholarship support. Additional PGC activities include the Women of Song program, community outreach and various summer programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and update internal calendars, including rehearsal and concert calendars
- Pick up and process mail from PO Box
- Deposit and scan all checks received
- Check and update voicemails
- Oversee and maintain office equipment, supplies, and contracts and renewals for office-related vendors, such as website domains and Microsoft Office
- Oversee organizational office accounts, such as Google G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, Mailchimp, and donor / ticketing database
- Attend and coordinate logistics at scheduled rehearsals on Tuesday and Thursday evenings
- Work with Artistic Director and Executive Director to procure / purchase materials, as needed (such as sheet music, merchandise, etc.)
- Communication with singers, families, and patrons, as needed
- Help with volunteer recruitment for rehearsals and events
- Oversee student registration process
- Attend Pittsburgh Girls Choir concerts
- Assist with concert box office, as needed
- Assist with program proofing and rosters, as needed
- Maintain and update donor database
- Record donations and generate appropriate gift acknowledgements to donors in conjunction with the Executive Director
- Generate mailing lists as needed
- Assist Executive Director with tasks related to specific fundraising campaigns
Competencies and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have:
- Job-related or educational experience, such as business and management experience, arts administration experience, event experience, working with nonprofit organizations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple overlapping tasks
- Proficiency with online tools such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, Google G Suite, CRM databases, and event management software
- The ability to work well under pressure and to be deadline-driven
- A drive to work independently and be self-motivated
- The ability to work from a home office, as needed
- A passion for and love of music!
Candidate must be able to work some evenings and weekends, per the rehearsal and concert schedules.
Must have or be willing to obtain appropriate clearances.
Must be up to date on Covid-19 vaccination and boosters.
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: Starting at $12-14,000
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Angela Goldberg, Executive Director, Pittsburgh Girls Choir via email to email@example.com
The Pittsburgh Girls Choir is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
# # #
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org