PPC Mission Statement:
Improving quality of life for the people of Pittsburgh by restoring the park system to excellence in partnership with government and the community. Projects and programs are conducted with respect for the environment, historic design, and the needs of our diverse region.
The Philanthropy Manager: Annual and Digital Fundraising manages the annual fund and digital fundraising initiatives for the Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy (PPC), including the design and implementation of strategic and comprehensive year-long plans to maintain, secure, and prospect individual donors for the organization.
Reporting to and working with the Senior Director of Development, the Philanthropy Manager: Annual and Digital Fundraising will implement annual, multi-channel processes to ensure conversion of new donors, consistent renewals and increasingly evolving gift acquisition, with a particular focus on digital engagement. Data analysis of existing donor trends as well as the incorporation of national donor metrics is required to consistently meet fundraising goals.
This position will actively design customized print, email, and social media solicitations designed to elevate online, mobile and social media philanthropy of current and prospective individual donors of all levels and all sources, such as and internal prospect lists and more. This includes a highly coordinated effort with the Marketing and Communications department to enhance the Parks Conservancy’s base of annual fund donors through new and existing strategies. This position will also identify and develop avenues for new donor acquisition through cross-departmental partnerships with our Education and Community Engagement teams, as well as with the Philanthropy Manager: Donor Events and Engagement.
To provide a seamless donor experience, the Philanthropy Manager: Annual and Digital Fundraising is also responsible for crafting and managing the entire gift acknowledgement process including emails, e-cards, tax receipts, acknowledgement letters, and personalized notes, phone calls and emails. appeals. In addition to the above, the Philanthropy Manager: Annual and Digital Fundraising will work in collaboration with the Database Administrator who handles gift entry, data health and wellness, as well as data analysis to identify donor trends for opportunity.
The ideal candidate loves parks, supports Pittsburgh’s public parks and will proactively and effectively support and strengthen the development activities of the PPC.
Performs under the general supervision of the Senior Director of Development and is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Responsible for the cultivation, solicitation, and gift closure of current and prospective annual fund individual donors in both print and digital formats.
- Build annual fund campaigns applying current trends in philanthropy that are unique and innovative that incorporate multi-channel approaches to capture new donors and engage current supporters.
- Collaborate with the Database Administrator to identify segmented and specialized audiences based off organization interests, interactions, and engagements.
- Coordinate with the Communication Specialist and the broader Marketing and Communications team to ensure print and digital fundraising materials are consistent with larger organizational messages and campaigns.
- Collaborate with the Communication Specialist and the broader Marketing and Communications team to identify, produce, and curate content for the organization’s donor newsletter, solicitation mailings, and other contributor communications.
- Manage current donors to grow gift renewal rates and build relationships with donors to secure new and increased gifts.
- Grow and diversify the organization’s donor portfolio in partnership with Development Department staff and other PPC staff who interact with the general public.
- Oversee the process for calibrating communications to individual donors, utilizing current trends in fundraising and other best practices.
- Analyze fundraising data to improve donor retention and stewardship activities.
- Perform other related duties as apparent or assigned.
The Way We Work – The Employees of the Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy:
- Foster meaningful interaction and collaboration amongst diverse individuals.
- Conduct themselves at all times in a professionally appropriate and respectful manner.
- Demonstrate respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Consistently work toward the common good of the organization and encourage others to do the same.
- Apply the proper safety/security practices according to established protocols, guidelines and policies.
- Maintain strong work ethic and demonstrate flexibility.
Training and Experience (position requirements at entry):
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university OR combined experience of 4 years in development.
- Experience with individual giving with demonstrated track record of successful annual funds and appeals.
- Experience with digital and direct marketing.
- Experience with donor database/CRM systems. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Luminate are strongly preferred.
Knowledge of (position requirements at entry):
- General knowledge of audience analysis, marketing analytics and metrics.
- General knowledge of donor segmentation, A/B testing, social media campaigns, and building online donation forms.
- General knowledge of email design, storytelling and engagement optimization. Knowledge of writing and editing HTML is strongly preferred.
- Meaningful familiarity with the Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy’s mission, key stakeholders, and audiences.
Skills and Ability to (position requirements at entry):
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Develop a creative and strategic vision of ways to engage and cultivate donors to support the PPC with new or upgraded annual gifts through a multi-channel approach.
- Solve problems and effectively handle critical, controversial, confidential, and/or sensitive matters.
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving and the ability to identify and take advantage of emerging opportunities.
- Establish and maintain effective, respectful and productive working relationships.
- Demonstrate strong organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrate great attention to detail.
- Understand and appropriately adhere to and communicate PPC policies and procedures.
- Negotiate and meet deadlines and prioritize issues, identifying which issues require immediate attention and taking effective and appropriate action based on that determination.
- Set appropriate priorities while coordinating multiple projects and meeting critical deadlines.
- Work cohesively within a team environment, adapt to changing conditions and situations, while also able to independently complete job tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Occasional weekend, evening and holiday work is required to perform the duties of this job.
The PPC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected characteristics.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com