Pittsburgh Public Schools
Website Pittsburgh Public Schools
Pittsburgh Public Schools employs over 4,000 individuals in various capacities to support the academic achievement and strength of character of the students we serve.
Under the supervision of the Director, Benefits Administration and the Director, Employee Relations, the Assistant Employee Benefits & Employee Relations will be responsible for providing day-to-day support in for employee benefits, employee leave, employee certification, grievances, and employee investigation.
This is a fulltime position that is split between the Employee Benefits and Employee Relations team and generally works an average of half-time with each team. This position fulfills duties that support the department’s work to support Strategic Plan Theme #4; High-Performance Culture for All Employees.
Support Non-Exempt Salary Schedule, Level 10 (starting at $44,687)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Work Months: 12
- Candidates must be enthusiastic about the fundamental goal of advancing student achievement in an urban public school district. In addition, we are seeking candidates with:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate degree in business, human resources, or related field is preferred.
- 2-3 years of relevant administrative support, employee benefits, and/or customer service delivery experience.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- High attention to detail, organized, and able to work under pressure managing frequent and competing deadlines.
- Proficiency in or ability to learn and navigate a variety of benefits and human resources software systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. (Frontline, e-Benefits, and Munis preferred)
- Ability to cultivate relationships with culturally, educationally, and racially diverse internal and external customers.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, and diplomacy to accomplish objectives.
- A capacity to solve problems, to stay organized and manage multiple priorities.
- Value, demonstrate, and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion
Essential Job Functions:
Employee Benefits Functions:
- Serve as the initial point of contact for Employee Benefits and respond to visitors, phone, and written inquiries relating to all benefits issues.
- Maintain current employee benefit program records and files, assist with vendor reports, census documents, and manage required benefits notices.
- Assist with the creation of written, electronic, and recorded communications and messages to address employee questions, changes in eligibility, and benefits change requests.
- Assemble appropriate and required mailings and documents for distribution.
- Support a variety of annual open enrollment activities including, but not limited to, ensuring documents are sent and received timely and that vendor reports are accurate.
Employee Relations Functions:
- Provide administrative support activities for Employee Relations including but not limited to data entry, reports and data gathering, filing, and records retention processes.
- Provide tracking for and reports of ADA requests for accommodation, employee incident reports, and other employee relations data points.
- Support the Manager, Employee Relations with leave management data entry and reports.
- Track grievance and investigation report information and data and prepare aggregate reports to identify management trends and training needs.
- Participate as an observer/note-taker in various employee meetings in order to develop a record of the discussion.
- Assist in gathering data and information relevant to certifications and re-certifications.
- Assist with developing a training schedule and assigning appropriate training modules as needed.
- Provide administrative support activities including but not limited to mail, data entry, copying and scanning, reports and data gathering, filing, and records retention processes.
- Assist with the usage of office equipment, equipment repair calls and inventory maintenance of office supplies; anticipate needs for developing supply and equipment orders.
- Support Human Resources department by performing tasks related to the District?s strategic mission and departmental goals and objectives.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor(s) and/or Chief of the department in support of key department and District initiatives.
Additional Job Information:
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodation in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990.
To apply for this job please visit ats4.atenterprise.powerschool.com.