Pittsburgh Public Schools
Website Pittsburgh Public Schools
Pittsburgh Public Schools employs over 4,000 individuals in various capacities to support the academic achievement and strength of character of the 25,000 students we serve. The Talent Management Team in the Human Resources Department is responsible for the recruiting and staffing functions of the organization, and is committed to attracting and retaining a high-performing diverse and talented workforce who holds high expectations for all students.
Under the direction of the Director of Talent Management, the Project Assistant, Staffing Operations works closely with the Manager, HRIS. This position is responsible for data entry for employment changes (including but not limited to processing all new hires, promotions, transfers and separations), and conducting system hygiene in all HRIS systems. The Project Assistant, Staffing Operations assists with operational staffing activities, including posting positions to online job boards, sending district-wide communications, scheduling and conducting assessments and assisting with recruitment activities.
Support Non-Exempt Salary Schedule, Level 10 (starting at $45,491)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Work Months: 12
Candidates must be enthusiastic about the fundamental goal of advancing student achievement in an urban public school district. Candidates must be comfortable working on a team committed to better meeting the needs of our student population by increasing the racial diversity and cultural competency of our workforce. We are a hard working team focused on results and expect the pursuit of excellence in all aspects of the organization. In addition, we are seeking candidates with:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required; Degree in human resources, management, or business preferred.
- At least three years of experience in data management, recruiting, and communications or related experience.
- Strong research skills including the ability to research demographics of university programs, applicant sources, job posting sites and other recruitment resources for locating diverse talent.
- Ability to maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders including school-based and central office staff and applicants.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and individually, under pressure with multiple competing deadlines, and with culturally, educationally, and racially diverse internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, and HRIS software.
- Experience managing, reviewing, and entering data into Human Resources Management Systems or other databases as required. (Applicant Tracking Enterprise, Munis, PeopleSoft, and Frontline preferred)
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for data; ability to design and run queries.
- Demonstrated project management skills, attention to detail, organized and able to meet frequent and changing deadlines.
- Working knowledge of school system, human resource practices, federal and state employment laws and knowledge around Pennsylvania Department of Education certification requirements.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, poise, tact and diplomacy to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to innovate, research and think creatively.
- A capacity to solve problems, to stay organized and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours as needed, including evenings
Residency Requirements: City of Pittsburgh Residency Required
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with operational staffing and recruitment activities including but not limited to posting positions, vetting applicants, managing accounts, maintaining system hygiene, and answering customer service inquiries.
- Conduct data entry, maintain system hygiene, and maintain operational efficiency in all Human Resource databases.
- Research applicant sources, job posting sites and other recruitment resources for locating diverse talent.
- Post positions on the applicant tracking system and a variety of niche sites including social media platforms.
- Schedule, conduct, score, and report out on relevant assessments to contribute to the selection process.
- Verify applicant certifications.
- Address applicant tracking system, Frontline Absence Management, recruiting and staffing inquiries in a responsive, customer-focused manner in order to provide satisfying first tier response.
- Manage and organize the communications sent and received from shared HR email accounts.
- Collaborate with various departments and teams to address data entry concerns and/or errors.
- Compile applicant information and materials for hiring managers as requested.
- Contribute to the recruitment process by vetting applications, reviewing resumes and conducting interview activities,
- Prepare recruitment and selection materials that support the recruiting and hiring process.
- Runs reports and monitor information that supports recruitment and staffing decisions.
- Perform operational tasks as it relates to internal staffing seasons.
- Document various processes within the department and recommend improvements.
- Assist the Manager, HRIS with regular audits to ensure data integrity, and with various projects during periods of high volume.
- Generate ID badges for current employees during scheduled office hours. Serve as a backup to create ID badges for new hires.
- Serve as a backup to process Act 168 forms.
- Assist in processing new employee documentation during new hire orientations.
- Communicate effectively and confidently at all levels, over the phone, face-to-face and by email.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor in support of the Departments goals and objectives and the Districts mission and strategic plan.
Reports To: Director, Talent Management
Additional Job Information:
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodation in compliance with the
American with Disabilities Act of 1990.
To apply for this job please visit ats4.atenterprise.powerschool.com.