Pittsburgh Public Schools
Website Pittsburgh Public Schools
Pittsburgh Public Schools employs over 4,000 individuals in various capacities to support the academic achievement and strength of character of the students we serve.
Under the supervision of the Director, Performance Management, the Specialist, Growth and Evaluation implements and maintain systems that support the growth and evaluation process for all stakeholders.
This position is responsible for monitoring systems that ensuring fidelity of implementation of the overall Pittsburgh Public Schools’ evaluation process, including their individual components.
The specialist works in collaboration with other district teams to develop tools, resources and supports to assist users to navigate the growth and development process, as well as improve their professional practice.
Support Exempt, Level 5 (Salary starting $61,274)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Year: 12 Months
Candidates must be enthusiastic about the fundamental goal of advancing student achievement in an urban public school district. Candidates must be comfortable working on a team committed to better meeting the needs of our student population by increasing the racial diversity and cultural competency of our workforce. We are a hard-working team focused on results and expect the pursuit of excellence in all aspects of the organization.
In addition, we are seeking candidates with:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of relevant experience.
- Degree in Human Resources, education, management, or business preferred
- 5-8 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience in supporting performance management or employee growth systems to navigate systems.
- Working knowledge of school systems, human resource practices, federal and state employment laws, and knowledge around Pennsylvania Department of Education evaluation requirements.
- Demonstrated project management skills, high attention to detail, organized and able to manage frequent and changing deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for distilling and disseminating complex information.
- Ability to cultivate relationships, work independently and collaboratively as a team player, under pressure with multiple competing deadlines, and with culturally, educationally, and racially diverse internal and external customers.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, poise, tact, and diplomacy to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to innovate, research and think creatively.
- A capacity to solve problems, to stay organized and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, and Evaluation Tracking System (EdReflect preferred).
- Value, demonstrate, and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead the implementation and support the design of the onboarding process for newly hired employees and provide guidance to supervisors to identify resources for professional and personal growth.
- Research to identify tools, resources, and trainings to advise supervisors in defining support for staff as a part of their employment life cycle; onboard through off board.
- Serve as a consultant to supervisors to ensure that employees are provided with the support that will lead them to immediate and long-term success within their position.
- Develop, refine, and maintain the tools, process, and platforms that will be utilized for onboarding trainings, the resource library, and the implementation of growth and evaluation processes.
- Support the Manager, Growth and Evaluation in conducting trainings relevant to the growth and evaluation process.
- Assist employee users to understand and access evaluation guidelines, processes, tools, and resources.
- Compile and analyze data that assists the Manager, Growth and Evaluation in identifying trends related to employees/teams/departments professional growth.
- Contribute to the improvement and refinement of the evaluation process and tools.
- Track and manage employee role groups and evaluation assignments in the District?s Evaluation Tracking System.
- Serve as backup point of contact for schools and departments to assist with account management and troubleshooting issues related to Evaluation Tracking System and developing reports that capture meaningful data.
- Support focus group meetings with employee groups to ensure regular and continuous improvement of the onboarding processes.
- Support the distribution of communications regarding relevant growth and evaluation systems, processes, deadlines, and timelines to all employees.
- Assist with the tracking of relevant trend data related to opportunities for growth for various employee role groups.
- Provide feedback to the Director, Performance Management that informs annual updates to the growth and evaluation guidelines, processes, tools, and resources.
- Compile and analyze data that supports the Manager, Growth & Evaluation in supporting the Human Resources department to support HR processes, as well as inform staffing and employee relations decisions.
- Support the resolution of inquiries related to the growth and evaluation process in a responsive, customer-focused manner, providing comprehensive information and advice.
- Provide regular updates to the Director of Performance Management regarding progress towards goals and challenges to meeting goals.
- Participate in departmental, team, and individual planning and goal- setting.
- Communicate effectively and confidentially at all levels, over the phone, face-to-face, and electronically.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor in support of the Department of Human goals and objectives and the Districts mission and strategic plan.
To apply for this job please visit ats4.atenterprise.powerschool.com.