Pittsburgh Public Theater
Website Pittsburgh Public Theater
Pittsburgh Public Theater is seeking a friendly and experienced Box Office Lead Associate to join our full-time staff. Working closely with the entire box office team, the Lead Associate assists the Box Office Manager with daily operations of a dynamic office. Serving as a key member of the box office staff, the Lead Associate is responsible for: maintaining a high level of customer service in responding to all ticket inquiries (electronic, phone, in-person), serving as shift supervisor when needed, assisting in training of part-time staff, and offering additional support as needed with special events, etc. In their role as shift supervisor, the Lead Associate will complete all pre-show duties, serve as the main point of contact for any customer service needs, work closely with house management and other staff to ensure a pleasant patron experience, and perform all closeout duties. In performance season this position’s working hours will include evening, weekend, and daylight hours. Weekend hours are mandatory for this position during performance and non-performance weeks. This is a full-time position with benefits.
This position requires:
- 5+ years experience in customer service or sales required
- 1+ year of professional box office experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and Google suites preferred
- Intermediate+ knowledge of Tessitura ticketing system required
- Willingness to work irregular and flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Excellent active listening skills and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Interest and/or appreciation of theater
- The ability to apply anti-racism tools and practices to individual and departmental processes and systems, and to contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and engagement with persons of all cultures, identities, and backgrounds.
- Ability to lift and move up to 20 pounds
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required, barring a legally allowable exemption
Salary: $15.15/hour plus benefits.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit ppt.org/employment for more information.