Website Pittsburgh Symphony
Reports to: Director of Communications
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
The Communications Associate provides support to the Director of Communications by completing a variety of communications and public relations activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft/assist in writing communications content: media announcements, newsletter, speeches, scripts, presentations, fact sheets, etc.
- Edit and proofread press releases and presentations
- Assist the department with story ideas
- Research for story ideas and pitches, and communications video content
- Populate concert/event calendars with PSO activities
- Production assistant for communications video content
- Provide key support for communications (managing project documents, timelines and meetings; provide liaison assistance across departments) on large scale projects, including the upcoming 50th anniversary of Heinz Hall
- Other administrative tasks, such as management of press clips and databases
Required Education, Experience and Abilities:
- BA in public relations, communications, English, or other relevant field
- Prior working experience as a Communications Assistant or Associate, preferably with work in media relations
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Excellent communication and public presentation skills
- Highly attentive to details and commitment to high standards, including meeting deadlines
- Understanding of non-profits, and arts and culture; demonstrable knowledge of and interest in classical and orchestral music
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to learn
- Strong creative outlook
- Ability to work independently but also as a member of a team
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours, including evenings and/or weekends when necessary
Preferred Education, Experience and Abilities:
- Familiarity with video production a plus
- Highly competent in MS Office applications (Powerpoint, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate related equipment, i.e. computer, copier, scanner
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds at times
The specific statements shown in each section of the description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.
The Pittsburgh Symphony, Inc. recognizes that an individual with a disability may require a job modification/ accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to such requests. Such requests should be directed to Human Resources.
The Pittsburgh Symphony, Inc. provides equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other class or category protected by local, state, or federal law.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com