Website Pittsburgh Symphony
Reports to: Director of Corporate Support & Special Projects
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Under the direction of the Director of Corporate Support & Special Projects, the Manager of Corporate Support develops and implements fundraising strategies to increase contributed revenue from corporations with a primary emphasis on stewardship of corporate partners. Raising $1.2 Million or more on an annual basis as part of the PSO’s Corporate Support team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the execution of the Corporate Annual Fund including direct mail campaigns, phone call solicitations, and benefit implementation. Assist Director of Corporate Support & Special Projects with grant writing and reporting as needed.
- Manage sponsorship activation by assisting in the preparation of proposals/applications, enacting promised recognition & benefits, and creating interim/final reports.
- Assist the Director of Corporate Support & Special Projects in researching, identifying, cultivating, and soliciting businesses to grow corporate investment in the PSO. Utilize the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Educational Improvement Tax Credit program where applicable.
- Focus on engaging corporations at the grassroots level, both existing Corporate Partners and prospective donors.
- Manage the PSO’s Hospitality Partner program and in-kind “trade” contributions from corporations, which includes organizing and monitoring the use of trade by PSO staff.
- Manage the calendar for corporate donor/sponsor solicitations, events, delivery of benefits, and reporting.
- Serve as the Corporate Support team’s primary database (Tessitura) user. This may include responsibilities such as data entry, reporting and analysis, and general data maintenance.
- Participate in Development fundraising and benefit events as required.
Required Education, Experience and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of fundraising experience, preferably in the performing arts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Extensive computer skills; fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with at least one CRM database
- Ability to work independently but also as a member of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform well under pressure
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours, including evenings and/or weekends when
Preferred Education, Experience and Abilities:
- Previous sales experience
- Previous experience with grant writing and reporting
- Familiarity and proficiency in Tessitura
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate related equipment, i.e. computer, copier, scanner
The specific statements shown in each section of the description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Pittsburgh Symphony, Inc. recognizes that an individual with a disability may require a job modification/ accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to such requests. Such requests should be directed to Human Resources.
Pittsburgh Symphony, Inc. provides equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other class or category protected by local, state, or federal law.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit assets.culturaldistrict.org.