Website Pittsburgh Symphony
Reports to: Director of Individual Support
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
The Manager of Development Operations will oversee and manage timely implementation of all data entry, gift acknowledgements, database integrity, financial reconciliation, reporting and clerical responsibilities to support the most efficient operations of the Development Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all gift entry into Tessitura database in a timely manner (ideally in 72 hours). This includes distribute and monitoring all data entry within all areas of the Development and Patron Services departments and serving as primary support for staff doing entry. Transactions include but are not limited to: checks, pledges, credit cards (one-time and installment charges), web donations, payroll deduction donations, matching gifts, electronic fund transfers, and stock transfers.
- Act as a Tessitura power-user for the Development department, including data entry for complex contributions, monitoring internal reporting to identify and execute transaction adjustments and write-offs, and maintaining data entry and account cleanliness standards.
- Facilitate monthly pledge billings with the Coordinator of Individual Support.
- Serve as primary liaison with Finance department. Tasks include financial reconciliation of daily transaction folders, supporting the annual financial audit, and troubleshooting unidentified contributions with Symphony accounting staff.
- Manage timely production of written and electronic acknowledgements with Coordinator of Individual Support, including letter tracking in Tessitura, overseeing and programming mail merge templates, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Organize and streamline department transaction files (hard copy and electronic), including coordinating the annual warehousing and destruction of archival records.
- Develop and implement more efficient operational systems for gift entry, acknowledgments, reporting and dashboards, and filing in collaboration with the Annuity Database Administrator.
- Document, maintain, and distribute comprehensive procedures for all aspects of gift processing and stewardship in collaboration with the Annuity Database Administrator.
- Manage donor listings in the Program Books with the Development Assistant.
- Provide clerical backup to the Development department staff including phone coverage, filing, meeting coordination and managing the department calendar as needed.
- This document is a summary of the typical functions of the job not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Required Education, Experience and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years fund raising experience
- 2-4 years of extensive database management experience
- Exceptional computer skills; including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to work independently but also as a member of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform well under pressure
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours, including evenings and/or weekends when necessary
Preferred Education, Experience and Abilities:
- Familiarity with Tessitura database software or other gift processing and tracking CRM systems
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate related equipment, i.e. computer, copier, scanner
The specific statements shown in each section of the description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. The Pittsburgh Symphony, Inc. recognizes that an individual with a disability may require a job modification/ accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to such requests. Such requests should be directed to Human Resources.
The Pittsburgh Symphony, Inc. provides equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other class or category protected by local, state, or federal law.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com