Website Pittsburgh Symphony
Reports to: Director of Individual Support
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
The Manager of Individual Support is an integral part of the PSO’s Development Department and Individual Support team. This position manages the PSO’s broad-based individual giving to the Annual Fund as part of the overarching strategy to expand and grow contributed revenue via direct mail, digital, and telefunding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the PSO’s comprehensive broad-based giving campaign with an annual goal of about $1M from individual and donors. These donors typically give up to $1,750 annually and are crucial to growing the PSO’s donor pipeline via new and increased gifts.
- Manage the PSO’s direct mail program which includes content creation, list segmentation, and performance analysis for both broad-based and segmented solicitations.
- Manage all facets of telefunding campaign, including lead generation, budget tracking, on-going analysis and course-correction as needed. Identify potential prospects for increased giving from telefunding analysis and research.
- Oversee the Development department’s digital fundraising and stewardship efforts, social media and website presence in tandem with the Marketing team.
- Design and implement a dynamic benefits program to cultivate and steward individual donors.
- Create a quarterly email newsletter for donors.
- Collaborate with the Major Gifts team to coordinate the department’s moves management process to identify prospects and donors who can increase their gifts.
- Analyze donor data regularly to inform strategic decision making. Manage and design performance metrics to evaluate success and ROI of overall individual giving program.
- Manage and grow the “Music by the Month” sustainer giving program.
- Liaise with Manager of Marketing-Subscriptions to plan joint ticket buyer/donor appreciation opportunities strategically focused on retention and acquisition in both areas. Includes creating and implementing Patron Appreciation Month activities, and other stewardship offerings.
- Provide back up support for gift entry
Required Education, Experience and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3-5 years of annual fundraising or marketing experience with demonstrable track record
- Experience with direct mailing campaigns
- Extensive computer skills required, especially with CRM systems
- Excellent editorial, written, and verbal communication capabilities, including creative, clear and concise writing skills and attention to detail
- Experience with data analysis; being able to synthesize large amounts of data and draw strategic conclusions
- Ability to work independently but also as a member of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform well under pressure
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours, including evenings and/or weekends when necessary
Preferred Education, Experience and Abilities:
- Master’s Degree
- Previous work in a nonprofit setting
- Familiarity and proficiency in Tessitura or other donor management software
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate related equipment, i.e. computer, copier, scanner
The specific statements shown in each section of the description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. The Pittsburgh Symphony, Inc. recognizes that an individual with a disability may require a job modification/ accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to such requests. Such requests should be directed to Human Resources.
The Pittsburgh Symphony, Inc. provides equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other class or category protected by local, state, or federal law.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org