We Are Seeking:
Applicants that are accountable and can ensure confidentiality as well as legal and ethical integrity. Applicants should bring a technical skill set for and demonstrate a strong knowledge or expertise in accounting, bookkeeping, and/or fundraising. Accounting or finance backgrounds will be strongly considered. Experience with QuickBooks is preferred.
We are especially interested in gaining perspective from folks who:
- are Black, Indigenous, or are people of color
- are women or non-binary
- are members of the LGBTQIA+ community
The Treasurer has responsibility for all Community for Pittsburgh Ultimate funds and shall supervise budgets, receipts, and disbursements, as ordered by the Board of Directors or other officials duly empowered by the Board.
- Maintain a seat on the Pittsburgh Ultimate Board of Directors as a non-voting member
- Chair the Finance Committee
- Attend monthly meetings of the Board of Directors
- Present a financial statement at each Board meeting, along with any additional requested statements
- Amend and evaluate the organization’s financial strategy
- Lead annual budgeting and assist with individual program budgeting
- Maintain and oversee bank and credit card accounts
- Oversee all financial transactions
- Assist the Board President with financial decisions and tasks, such as those relating to the maintenance of the 501(c)(3) status and taxes
- Act as a liaison between the Board of Directors and the organization’s accountant and/or bookkeeper
- In the absence of a volunteer, staff, or contracted bookkeeper, conduct data entry and reconciliations for all transactions and accounts
- Issue and/or authorize payments via check as necessary
- Run payroll through our online payroll service
- Access to organizational funding for professional development opportunities that would benefit Pittsburgh Ultimate (continuing education courses, conferences, professional memberships, etc.)
- Personal impact on the growth and direction of Pittsburgh Ultimate
- Opportunity to develop professional skills including leadership, team building, financial management, and strategic planning
- Grow personal networks by interacting with other organizations and local leaders in both the Pittsburgh area as well as the national ultimate community
- Visibility as a leader in the ultimate community
- Experience serving on the board of a 501c3 non-profit organization
- Other benefits as approved by the Board of Directors
To apply, click HERE.
To learn more about Pittsburgh Ultimate, click HERE.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.