Website Pittsburgh United
Title: Housing Justice Coalition Organizer (Temporary)
Reports to: Organizing Director
Job Description: The temporary Coalition Organizer is responsible for leading and coordinating the Housing Justice Table campaigns of Pittsburgh United.
The temporary Coalition Organizer will be responsible for working closely with the Organizing Director and coalition partners to execute existing campaigns, educate and engage community members and partners on those campaigns, and implement effective actions over a 12 week period.
The temporary Coalition Organizer is responsible for organizing campaign table partners to achieve the Table’s goals. The Coalition Organizer will build strong relationships and support the leadership of others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coalition Organizing and Management
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with and between table partners, allies, community members, elected officials, stakeholders, and leaders in the Housing Justice Space
- Facilitate regular check ins and group meetings with table partners
- Campaign Planning and Execution
- Maintain processes that allow partners to effectively participate in campaign planning and implementation
- Plan and execute meetings, events, actions, or other strategic activities that further the goals of the Table’s campaign(s)
- Monitor and/or participate in governmental and public meetings and processes related to Housing Justice campaigns, including lobbying and testifying on behalf of the campaign
- Communications and Data
- Work with the digital organizer and communications team to promote events, resources, actions, etc.
- Actively provide content for campaign marketing to digital organizer
- Act as a spokesperson for the campaign
Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated experience with coalition organizing
- Experience implementing a successful campaign plan
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse array of individuals and communities
- Experience leading a team in project work
- Experience with housing justice advocacy and/or public policy
- Shows commitment to understand race, class, gender, and other equity issues as part of your work as well as the impact these structural issues have on our collective work environment
- Demonstrates commitment to progressive social, racial, and economic justice
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to receive and integrate performance based feedback into ongoing work plans as well as the ability to provide relevant and timely feedback to peers in a constructive manner
This is a temporary hourly position up to 40 hours per week. Pittsburgh United anticipates that this position will last up to 12 weeks but may be extended. The hourly range for this position is $20.00-$25.00/hr, commensurate with experience. Additionally, the temporary employee will receive a monthly stipend to defray cell phone and home office costs.
Pittsburgh United is an affirmative action employer. Women, LGBTQIA people, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Pittsburgh United’s office is accessible, however, Pittsburgh United staff are currently working remotely.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Housing Justice Organizer.” Applications preferred by 2/22 but accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com