This position provides assistance to the Group Sales & Rentals Manager in all areas, including private rental events, reception management, all group corporate and individual group sales, and various other sales programs.
- Provides excellent customer service to all group sales clients through all steps of the process.
- Runs reports (from the Zoo’s internal computer program) of the schedule of Zoo events and distribute to all Zoo departments weekly.
- Assists with familiarization tours conducted by local convention and visitors bureaus.
- Attend bridal shows, highlighting the event opportunities and vision of a Zoo experience.
- Update imagery and data for events on the Zoo’s website, and various other planning websites and apps.
- Collect positive client reviews with the goal of recognition and support on various web applications.
- Stay abreast of wedding industry and corporate function trends.
- Work with customers to meet their needs, make suggestions, and ensure that expectations are always exceeded.
- Helps with ZooMobile appearances and other Marketing special events (10 times per year approx.).
- Handle small animals for special events, rentals and marketing appearances.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Works during rentals to admit/greet groups entering the Zoo, prepare and test sound equipment, help post signage throughout the Zoo, meet entertainment and others to help unload, assist Grounds and
- Catering with setup as described by Group Sales and Rentals Coordinator.
- Help with locking up buildings and break down of rentals.
- Determines expenditures and identifies income generating opportunities for department.
- Engage in creative promotional and sales opportunities within wedding industry including pop-up, micro, and off-season receptions.
- Regularly update all online and social wedding publications.
- Works with Creative Services to create, update, and design effective group sales and rental literature.
- Recruits tour and receptive operators and group leaders by attending networking meetings, scheduling personal meetings/sales calls, attending conventions.
- Provide outstanding service to rental clients. Including initial sales meeting and presentation, assisting with agendas, and coordination throughout the process.
- Assists group tour and receptive operators with travel plans/itineraries in the Pittsburgh Region that will maximize their trip and include a comfortable visit to the Zoo.
- Completes event contracts, follow-up with clients, and designs event layouts; creates floor plans and memos.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of one year experience preferred.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Provides excellent customer service in the areas of guest relations and park beautification,
- Answers visitor inquiries or finds someone who can.
- Is knowledgeable of location of exhibits, restrooms, concessions, rentals, etc.
- Disposes of litter and waste throughout the park and zoo facilities.
- Manual dexterity to operate office machinery such as personal computer, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, calculator, etc.
- Position is primarily sedentary, usually sitting for long periods of time in an office setting.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Position involves working in the park with exposure to all types of weather conditions.
- Position occasionally assists with setting up of chairs and tables.
Submit Resume To:
Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium
To apply for this job email your details to HR@pittsburghzoo.org