Point Park University
Website Point Park University
DEPARTMENT: The Office of Alumni Engagement & Giving
REPORTS TO: Manager of Database and Donor Services
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum three years’ experience in data entry and database management or comparable experience in higher education (such as accounting, gift processing, record keeping, bookkeeping, or cashiering).
- Exceptionally strong technology skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and high degree of familiarity with gift and data entry. Knowledge of Microsoft Word mail merge and accurate and efficient data entry and word processing skills.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Excellent attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and a strong and honest work ethic.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of diverse people in a professional, knowledgeable, helpful and friendly manner.
- Previous experience using Jenzabar or similar donor database or CRM.
- Experience working within a university or non-profit fundraising setting.
- Must be focused, motivated to learn and flexible to change. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and must take the initiative to maintain a strong work ethic at all times.
- Proven customer service skills with ability to interact tactfully and professionally with people from all types of backgrounds.
- Ability to handle shifting priorities and work on multiple tasks simultaneously. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound judgment, analytical skills, and decision-making capability required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Reporting to the Manager of Database and Donor Services (MDDS) within the Office of Alumni Engagement and Giving, the Gift and Data Coordinator is responsible for processing and maintaining gift and biographical information for Point Park University. This position independently completes all aspects of gift and biographical processing and maintenance with guidance from the MDDS. Overseeing small fundraising initiatives like the university Amazon Wish List and non-monetary programs, this position will interact with a wide variety of university staff, faculty, students and community members. As a critical member of the Alumni Engagement and Giving team the Gift and Data Coordinator will be expected to actively participate in all team meetings, strategic planning sessions and professional development activities. This position requires a high level of confidentiality, an extremely detailed approach to work, a great deal of organization and a participatory and upbeat attitude.
- Be conscious of and adhere to all rules and requirements regarding data security and risk management. This position is privy to sensitive and confidential information.
- Preform all functions of the gift and pledge entry in the Jenzabar database including preparing and generating all acknowledgements, thank you letters, pledge reminders, invoices and distribute donation reports.
- Make updates and additions to corporate, foundation, government and individual constituent records including contact information, employment affiliations, interaction reports, etc. Analyze information and populate appropriate data fields where information is available and work with other University departments, as necessary, to maintain the accuracy and consistency of the database.
- Generate alumni, donor and gift reports as requested in a timely fashion, ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Receive, sort and distribute departmental mail. Manage all bulk mailing with campus post and print offices.
- Prepare deposits and deliver to Business Office.
- Manage university Amazon Wish List and Amazon Smile accounts and oversee non-monetary gift process.
- Participate in team, departmental and individual meetings with relevant and accurate data.
- Respond to giving inquiries from donors, alumni and the university community.
- Attend university wide operations meeting, weekly.
- Communicate regularly and proactively with management to raise work issues. Identify options for resolution.
- Participate in post-database migration clean-up projects as assigned.
- Must adhere to periods of paid time off restrictions at fiscal year and calendar year ends
- Other duties as assigned.
Please include a cover letter, resume and salary requirements with your application. Skills testing during an interview may be a component of the interview process for this position.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.pointpark.edu.