Website POISE Foundation
The Donor Development Director will aid in establishing and maintaining strong, collaborative working relationships with the Foundation and its donors. He/she will report to the President while assisting in developing fundraising strategies, executing and meeting fundraising goals, manage endowment campaigns, and represent the Foundation at various events in the community. This position manages a team while working closely with the Chief Operating Officer, Board of Directors and key foundation, community and business leaders as required.
- Conceptualize, implement, and evaluate effective donor solicitation strategies;
- Participate in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major gifts from individual donors, corporations, and foundations currently not donating to POISE with the intent to increase the number of donors and donations to the Foundation;
- Lead a team focused on the delivery, execution and effective project planning for a comprehensive giving and donor cultivation strategy for the organization;
- Identification of new and cultivation of existing donor relationships to increase his or her level of personal involvement and, through solicitation, their financial commitment to POISE;
- Create a thorough resource development plan in alignment with our strategic goals and budget for comprehensive campaign fundraising (annual giving, direct mail, events, major gifts, grants, sponsorships, planned giving);
- Lead the implementation of a comprehensive development program, including major, capital and planned gift donor development, grant writing, special events, and the annual fund;
- Manage administration of endowment campaign including generating new endowment funds to POISE;
- Aid in the development of appropriate marketing and public relations tools for fundraising and community relations, including website content for donors;
- Develop and distribute donor reports and oversee external communications with donors;
- Manage relationships with fundraising professionals and consultants;
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five (5) year’s experience are required. Prefer six (6) to eight (8) year’s experience working in fundraising, sales and marketing and/or customer relations with demonstrable experience in donor development, cultivation, and retention.
- A visionary self-starter who is interested in growing development and communication efforts and driving organizational development.
- The ability to manage people effectively and able to multitask is essential.
- Comprehensive management skills in short and long-term planning, evaluation, directing and motivating staff.
- Ability to generate enthusiasm and coordinate community and civic groups, businesses and individuals to work together to benefit the POISE Foundation
- Must be able to comfortably converse with high-level executives and high net worth individuals as well as potential donors from all socio-economic levels.
- Must have excellent written, editing, and verbal communication skills with the ability to make dynamic presentations.
- Strong planning skills, high level of computer literacy and the ability to build donor systems and processes.
- Strong team player who works well independently.
- Knowledge of the philanthropic community.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of executive management.
- Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
- Ability to listen is essential. Able to ask leading questions which encourage prospects and donors to talk about themselves and their activities.
- An established network of potential donors is preferred.
The salary range for this position is: $48,913.00 – $61,141.00 per year, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Donor Development Director” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com