Website POISE Foundation
A Community is only as Strong as its Foundation
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Company Vision: We envision a Pittsburgh Region in which all members of the Black Community are empowered and self-sufficient.
Company Mission: To assist the Black community in achieving self-sustaining practices, through strategic leadership, collective giving, grantmaking and advocacy.
Created in the format of a Community Foundation, POISE receives funds from a variety of donors. These funds may be unrestricted and used to support our grantmaking strategy or donor-directed for specific charitable purposes.
POISE Foundation provides fiscal sponsor services for a select group of individuals and organizations with programs and projects that align with the Foundation’s mission. The Program Officer, Fiscal Sponsor Partnerships has oversight and ownership of POISE’s fiscal sponsor partnerships including managing the application process, recommending and selecting partners, end-to-end program administration, reporting, compliance, and community relations. Providing fiscal sponsor services to individuals and organizations serving the Black community is an important component of the Foundation and this position is critical to the organization’s overall success.
- Evaluate the sponsorship application and manage the Sponsorship Services process, including due diligence of potential partners, proper alignment to an applicable service model, and alignment with Foundation mission and IRS regulations
- Provide recommendations and aid in the determination of which service model best fits the sponsorship needs
- Present to the POISE Leadership for support and approval
- Independently develop and execute within defined project plans, including a detailed fiscal year plan and budget to meet appropriate cultivation and solicitation goals and special campaign initiatives
- Assess and proactively cultivate fiscal sponsor partnerships in line with the Foundation’s interests and priorities
- Coach and counsel current and potential “Partner(s)” regarding sponsorship guidelines and/or reporting and other requirements
- Represent the Foundation within the nonprofit, philanthropic and broader community as requested
- Track program progress to ensure the foundation can measure the positive impact
- Assist with, or lead internal and external communication efforts
- Coordinate and prepare Foundation fiscal sponsor materials for program committees and Foundation meetings
- Track donations for and reports due from fiscal sponsor partners
- Ensure accuracy and adherence to the latest policies and practices related to fiscal and event financials. Ensure expenses for events are coordinated with the Development Team. Prepare and distribute reports as requested.
- Positively contribute to the teamwork, learning, and collaborative spirit of a small office
- Stay abreast of developments and potential partners in fields of interest to the Foundation, and maintain knowledge about current trends and issues impacting the African American community
- Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in accounting/finance or equivalent experience is preferred
- Five years of relevant experience in the nonprofit and/or philanthropic sectors
- Exhibits financial acumen including ability to understand and read financial statements
- A working knowledge of computers, automated accounting systems, and various PC-based software products for office operations.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and experience with collaborative efforts
- Ability to be innovative while being self-directed in idea generation and exploration of ways to grow and expand program offerings
- Excellent oral, written, detail-orientation, time management, and analytical skills
- Embodies good project management, problem-solving, and decision quality
- Ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize effectively
- MS Office proficiency
- Proven ability to work with diverse audiences as well as working knowledge of community needs and initiatives as it relates to the African American community in Allegheny County
- Familiarity with 501(c)(3) IRS related regulations is preferred
For more information on POISE Foundation: https://www.poisefoundation.org/
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.