As the region’s leading provider of gender-responsive, trauma-informed drug and alcohol services, POWER helps women build a strong foundation to sustain their recovery. We provide a continuum of care designed to address a woman’s total wellness, including her physical and mental health. POWER’s mission is to help women reclaim their lives from addiction and related emotional health issues and improve the well-being of future generations.
The Development Committee’s main responsibility, in partnership with staff leadership and the Director of Development, is to develop, implement and oversee a comprehensive mission-aligned fund development plan with a mix of strategies including but not limited to an annual fund campaign, major gifts program, special events, corporate and foundation grants and capital campaign when approved by the Board of Directors. The Development Committee reports to the Board of Directors.
- Makes a meaningful and quality financial commitment to POWER
- Devises and recommends philanthropy and fund development policies and recommends to the Board for action.
- Helps nurture a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization and assures all donors are stewarded, respected, and honored.
- Assures the Board and individual Board members are adequately educated about the basic principles and best practices in fund development, including the design of a donor-centered organization.
- Through the fund development planning process devises the annual fund development plan for action by the Board.
- Identifies, evaluates, cultivates and helps solicit prospects.
- Identifies trends and implications and engages the Board in strategic dialogue and decision-making regarding philanthropy and fund development.
- Helps the Board articulate the case for philanthropic support directed at specific audiences.
- Establishes task forces to carry out specific fund development activities and monitors performance.
The committee meets monthly over Zoom. From time to time, the committee may convene for planning meetings and training. Committee members will be asked to attend special events and assist in the cultivation of donors.
Interested applicants should email their resume to Kathleen Lambert, Development Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com