Strategy, coaching and writing for the social sector
Procopia seeks an energetic, experienced contract grantwriter to join our flexible team. The successful candidate will have experience in and enthusiasm for preparing grant proposals for a wide array of nonprofit organizations in diverse fields of service. Depending on the project, the grantwriter will work directly through Procopia management or engage in client-facing services.
We are looking for curious, upbeat team members who bring skill and confidence, strong customer relations, and utmost professionalism. We love our work and we bring our whole selves to the job – we’re looking for someone we both enjoy working with and who gets the job done on time and within budget.
Procopia is a consultancy serving nonprofit organizations. The company is led by a management team and a bench of skilled contractors performing grantwriting, fundraising, strategic planning, evaluation and program design services. This position is flexible but requires occasional on-site meetings with clients in the Pittsburgh region. Procopia does not guarantee regular hours and we are seeking someone who is comfortable with the variability of a consulting role.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
- Upbeat, Positive Attitude
- Professionalism and Expertise
- Clear, Direct Communication
- Spirit of Collaboration and Shared Goals
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a portfolio of nonprofit grantwriting clients and create grant projects (60%)
- Communicate directly with clients on a regular basis via email and phone (20%)
- Meet clients in person in the Pittsburgh region as necessary (10%)
- Provide light strategic guidance to clients in foundation approach (e.g. reviewing foundation priorities and suggesting possible program matches) (5%)
- Assist Procopia staff with projects such as editing, research, and administration (5%)
- Experience in preparing grant proposals for private foundation sources
- Strong understanding of Western Pennsylvania philanthropic sector
- Self-starting and independent worker
- Project management capability to ensure our work is delivered on-time and within budget
- Enthusiasm and customer-oriented disposition
- Passion for strong written and verbal communication
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Dropbox, Zoom and other digital tools
- Bachelor’s degree
Not Required, But Helpful:
- Experience managing multiple client relationships
- Experience in preparing federal funding proposals
- Experience using the Foundation Directory online research tools
- Based in Pittsburgh
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining why you are interested in the position and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Grantwriting Consultant.”
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com