Philanthropy West Virginia (Philanthropy WV), West Virginia’s philanthropic leadership organization, seeks applications for the position of Program & Engagement Manager.
Philanthropy WV is committed to delivery excellence in serving the philanthropic sector, our partners, and advancing our:
- Mission: Strengthening Philanthropy in the Mountain State
- Vision: West Virginia has thriving communities, due in part, to a strong and vibrant philanthropic sector.
- Values: leadership, collaboration, inclusion, lifelong learning, integrity, and advancing West Virginia
The Program & Engagement Manager, in partnership with the President and CEO and other staff, is responsible to manage, develop, and deliver educational programs, events, and other services that attract and retain the members of our philanthropy-serving organization.
The individual serving in this role will manage the planning and delivery of programs, annual conference, priority funder collaboratives, member services, and assist with membership development. A summary of their duties includes, but not limited to:
- Manages planning and delivery of quality member programs, services, and engagement,
- Serves as lead planner/coordinator of the annual conference and/or works with
contractors/consultants for specialized programs and leadership development
- Assists with revenue generation in membership retention, new membership development, program registrations, and program sponsorships (solicitations, stewardship, reporting, membership, and projections),
- Coordinates program marketing and outreach with the Philanthropy WV team,
- Assists with the organization’s strategic partners, funding collaboratives, special projects, and initiatives.
This is a full-time exempt position in a growing, dynamic philanthropic leadership network which reports directly to the President & CEO. The position is based in Morgantown, WV with potential for remote working options, but travel is involved with program delivery when it is safe. Philanthropy WV is committed to practicing and advancing equity and inclusion that creates a stronger philanthropic network and West Virginia communities.
The scope of this position is broad and requires:
- Attention to detail to ensure all programs are handled in a thorough and precise fashion
- Planning, promoting, and implementing programs/services for members and partner organizations
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills for interpersonal, group, and mass communications
- Coordinating programs working with volunteer committees, Membership and Operations Assistant, and President/CEO
- Working with the President & CEO in securing new members and delivering effective membership retention
- Assisting in the creation of marketing materials and electronic/hard copy communications working with the Communication Fellow and other team members.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree recommended. Sufficient work experience in related fields may be considered an acceptable substitute. Degree or work experience areas that would be helpful for this role include marketing, nonprofit leadership, program design/management, public administration, or conference/event planning.
- At least Two years of successful experience in nonprofit and professional development
management, program creation/coordination, conference planning and coordination, and/or
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, organizational, and writing skills, as well as ability to multitask, manage details, and effectively work on multiple programs/events.
- Experienced in using software and technology proficiency across platforms: G-Suites, MS Suites, WordPress, website CRM, etc.; and management and use of online platforms/videoconferences
- Demonstrated interest in building stronger West Virginia communities, nonprofits, grantmaking organizations, and philanthropy preferred.
- Ability to work with committees, volunteers, and fellow staff.
- Work is typically performed at our office in Morgantown and when compliant with health safety precautions on-site at conference, program, and meeting venues throughout the state
- Potential for flexibility for remote work options are available.
- Must be willing to travel (compliant with health safety precautions due to COVID)
- Work travel throughout the state and potentially regionally or nationally
The position’s salary range is $40,000 to $45,000/year
Competitive benefits: health, dental, and life insurances; after first year, an annual 401k contribution
Generous PTO allotment and health holiday schedule.
About Philanthropy WV: Philanthropy West Virginia connects the Mountain State’s diverse network of philanthropic funders. We strive to inspire community-driven solutions across the state reaching both urban centers and the most rural areas in Appalachia. This advances our mission of “Strengthening Philanthropy in the Mountain State.” Philanthropy WV is committed to an inclusive and diverse team, working environment, and members network. Philanthropy West Virginia is an equal opportunity employer. For more details, visit: www.philanthropywv.org
Application Process: Applications (resume and cover letter) may be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received by Friday, September 24, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com