Working to ensure environmental, economic and legal rights in PA
Schedule: Full-Time, salaried position
Benefits: Paid Time off and holidays and healthcare reimbursement
Application Deadline: Post will be closed when filled
Promote PT Inc. DBA, Protect PT (PPT) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring residents’ safety, security, and quality of life by engaging in education and advocacy to protect the economic, environmental, and legal rights of the people in Westmoreland and Allegheny counties. PPT empowers local residents to become informed and involved in current local events to promote a more viable, just, and communal future. PPT partners with similar community-based organizations to conduct outreach, host educational workshops, and attend community events. Visit our website for more information on our initiatives. www.protectpt.org
We are seeking a socially and environmentally conscious person who is a strong communicator and has a passion for helping others and the community. A successful applicant will embody our organization’s core competencies of Creativity, Quality Communication, Education & Leadership of Others, Culture of Service, Relationship Building, Adaptability, and Effective Time & Project Management. This position will report directly to the Executive Director and will assist the ED in project planning, grant writing, managing project outreach and execution, and researching policy and legal advocacy. If you feel that you have what this job requires, send us a resume and a detailed explanation of why this position is for you!
- Full-Time salaried position currently with a combination of in-office, on-site meetings, and remote work based on the status of COIVD-19 and using the best precautions to protect staff and stakeholders. Hours spent at each dependent upon needs of the business at the time;
- Assist ED in the coordination and strategic planning of projects & campaigns that influence the outcomes of proposed gas infrastructure projects in local neighborhoods;
- Coordination and supervision of the organization’s internship program as intern liaison to the ED and Board;
- Assist in supervising the communications staff in order to organize educational events and support organizational leaders to drive and amplify the organization’s mission;
- Assist in approving outreach and educational materials in accordance with the organization’s mission and purpose;
- Liaise with the Environmental Scientist to research environmental regulations and assist in drafting advocacy letters, articles and publications based on research;
- Act as an ambassador for the organization at local stakeholder meetings;
- Assist in outreach to stakeholders about opportunities for public and program involvement;
- Assist in grant writing and budget research & preparation for new programs;
- Must be able to attend occasional evening and weekend events and record meeting minutes and notes for communication with board members;
- Other tasks as needed based on the needs of the business.
- Passionate about social and climate justice;
- Bachelor’s degree and related professional experience;
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and quickly learn PPT’s project and outreach strategy as it pertains to the overall goals of the organization;
- Proficient in Google Drive and online collaboration;
- Proficient in grant writing and budget management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- The ability to quickly learn new issues well enough to train others.
Salary Range: $32K – $40k per year commensurate with experience
PPT offers a supportive and flexible working environment with telecommunication available. PPT strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and those with disabilities to apply. Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Gillian Graber, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com