Website Propel Schools
Propel Schools is the largest network of public charter schools in Allegheny County consisting of 13 schools and approximately 4,000 scholars. Our mission is to provide high-quality schools to underserved communities. Each of our schools provide a rigorous academic environment and small class sizes where educators focus on providing each scholar with support and individualized attention. With one of the top starting teacher salaries in Allegheny County, a customizable benefits package and extraordinary career and professional development opportunities, Propel Schools is one of the area’s premier education organizations.
Propel seeks an experienced Rotating Administrative Assistant to join our amazing team at Propel Schools. If you are resilient, hard working, team-oriented, open to feedback, have grit, and are willing to do whatever it takes to close the achievement gap for children impacted by poverty and race, then we invite you to consider a career with Propel Schools. This position will cover Propel Pitcairn, Propel McKeesport, Propel Montour Elementary and Propel Montour Middle/High School.
- Greets, screens, tracks, and directs visitors to appropriate locations. Maintain visitor logs.
- Provide excellent customer service to Propel families, students, staff and visitors.
- Generate and distribute communications from the school to parents.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and prioritize assignments;
- Answers, screens, and routes incoming calls and messages. Responds to routine questions.
- Orders office supplies and maintains office equipment.
- Performs routine clerical functions, such as copying, sorting, filing, and typing. Sets up and maintains various office files, logs, and records.
- Accept deliveries daily; Distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain communication with bus garages, news, and staff regarding school closings, early dismissals, and field trips.
- Organizes bus duties.
- Perform additional duties assigned as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- One year of administrative experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of word processing, electronic mail/calendar, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software.
- Ability to use applicable Microsoft Suite and Google products.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrable clerical skills in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
- A proven ability to build relationships and uphold a culture of dignity.
- TB Test
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Act 114 FBI Clearance
- Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance
- Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure
- Act 24 Arrest and Conviction Disclosure
Salary Range: $28,000-$32,000 ($13.46 an hr-$15.38 an hr)
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.